Stocking my 10g Planted Tank

1. RaisinBran13 Initiate Member

Is this a good 10g stocking plan?

Is this a good 10g stocking plan?
    I recently bought an Aqueon 10g starter kit. I'm actually cycling it with an apple snail because it was cooped up in my friend's overstocked tank with green water...
    I was planning on putting:
    6 Espei Rasbora
    1 Apple Snail
    3 Corydoras Habrosus (Dainty Cory)
    1 Male Fancy Guppy (centerpiece fish)
    3 Ghost Shrimp
    (These would go along with the apple snail)
    I am also putting ZooMed mopani driftwood (8 inches) to lower Ph and the Penn Plax Mythical Magical Castle (large). I know Espei Rasboras are active:;wk, so will they have enough space to swim around? Will the fish be too crowded? The tank will also be heavily planted.
    My tank dimensions are 20x10x12.5

According to AqAdvisor I'm 87% stocked. Is this right?
    Also, IF I am overstocked, will getting rid of the corys make this tank work?

NOTE: I did post this on another forum website, but I posted here to see if I could get faster answers...

2. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to fishlore!
    Love that smiley! :;wk :p

Dwarf cories need a 15g minimum and a school of 6+ so don't do them. I'd do asian stone catfish instead.

3. RaisinBran13 Initiate Member

Ok. I'll check those out.

4. RaisinBran13 Initiate Member

Do you think I could do 3-4 pygmy cories if I can't get ahold of asian stone catfish?

5. Geoff Well Known Member Member

I probably wouldn't put the espei rasboras in anything less than a 15g either. I have 12 of them in my 36g and they are quite the active swimmers. IMO they'd be a bit cramped in a 10g.

6. RaisinBran13 Initiate Member

Are there any alternatives you'd suggest?

7. Geoff Well Known Member Member

Anders247 - Where's that 10g stocking plan you created a while back?

Edit: Never mind! As littleredridingmech noted, the list is stickied!

8. littleredridingmech Member Member

Check out the sticky at the top of the stocking section for a big list of all suitable fish but some of my favorites are:

1 betta

or

1 Indian pea puffer

or

Dario dario (I forget how many)

9. frogmel Initiate Member

my ten gallon has about 5 guppies (they go missing and reappear the next day and all the females look the same, save for two), a golden killifish, albino bristlenose pleco, 4 otoclinis, and a pea puffer and it isn't that crowed imo

10. RaisinBran13 Initiate Member

I've been looking at Dario dario, but I heard the males are territorial at their breeding sanctuaries, and I don't want the fish fighting. I'm not too keen on Bettas. Beautiful fish, but a bit aggressive for my taste. I'm curious about the pea puffer though. :;th

11. littleredridingmech Member Member

They're the cutest thing in the universe. The only thing is they're picky when they eat. A lot of the time they won't accept pellets or flakes and need either frozen or live. The easiest live food, imo, is ramshorn snails. Stores usually give them out for free because they're pest snails and all they need is a 5 gallon bucket and a sponge filter (and vegetables.)

EDIT: It'll eat your apple snail, btw, or at least try.

12. RaisinBran13 Initiate Member

Ok. I'll see if my LFS has some. I kind of want to get Celestial Pearl Danios, but I heard they're shy. I want a really outgoing fish. Will Chili Rasboras be fine in my tank?

13. el337 Fishlore Legend Member

14. littleredridingmech Member Member

I just want to clarify, if you get the puffer. It has to be the only fish in the tank, they're very territorial.

15. RaisinBran13 Initiate Member

I think I'll refrain from getting the puffer then. I want a community tank...

16. littleredridingmech Member Member

Ah ok, good luck then! It's very difficult to do a community in a 10g.

17. RaisinBran13 Initiate Member

So I guess what I'm wondering now is what fish can I put with a male guppy, ghost shrimp, and apple snail. A schooling fish would be preferred. The fish should be hardy, since I'm new to this hobby.

18. el337 Fishlore Legend Member

19. RaisinBran13 Initiate Member

Ok. Thanks.

20. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Golden wonder killifish, otocinclus, and BN plecos will outgrow your tank. Pea puffers will kill the rest of your fish eventually.