Stocking List 10 Gallon Tank

1. DHIWZ Member Member

For the approval of the brilliant minds of this forum, I humbly present to you the tentative stocking list I came up with for my 10 gallon planted tank:

1. Horned Nerite Snails -- Already have 3
    2. Amano Shrimp -- Already have 4, thinking of getting a few more
    3. Colony of Red Cherry Shrimp -- 20-30 individuals, give or take
    4. Ember Tetra (or other small schooling nanofish--many possibilities in my LFS) -- 6 individuals
    5. Male Guppy -- 1-2 individuals
    My very good friend insisted I keep Indostomus Crocodilus, so if I find some I'll stock 4 and leave out 4 and 5.

Thanks in advance for y'alls time and brilliant input! Pic of tank is attached for reference--as you can see, plenty of plants, wood and hiding spots for all the residents to enjoy.

IMG_2818.JPG

2. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I would go with at least 8 embers instead of 6. Have you considered endlers instead of guppies? 2-5 or so would fit comfortably with the embers (and endlers can't eat baby shrimp as easily as guppies can). I might also leave just the 4 Amanos, and consider starting with 10-15 cherry shrimp. They should quickly breed and get you up to the number you want within a few weeks.

Nice tank! I'm sure it'll be very fun when it's fully stocked.

3. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

I agree with TD, do more ember tetras than just 6. They'll be more comfortable and look better in larger groups.