Stocking level Question

1. AdamR94

AdamR94 Initiate Member

I was just wondering what the stock level should be in a 54 litre? How many fish can be in there before it gets overstocked? I was just curious as I don't want too many fish so they get stressed out, My tank is 60cm x 30cm x 30cm. Thanks :)

2. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

It depends on what fish you want to get

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. ricmcc

ricmcc Well Known Member Member

I see from your profile that your have had a year's experience with keeping fish, so I will assume that you know what you are about.
    That said, my preference, unless there is a need to overstock, is to quite understock. It seems to me to make keeping a healthy aquarium healthy that much easier.
    Of course, that is just my opinion, but I find that stocking to the limit tends to be rather counter-productive.
    All the best, and welcome to the site, look forward to seeing you about-rick

4. 1

19jimmy17 Member Member

You should see what your local fish store has in stock and put write down a list of your favorite fish and we could give you a few combinations of fish that would work in your tank.

But just to give you a general idea maybe like school of some kind of tetras(5-7 depending on which tetra), like 4-5 corys and a clown pleco.

It really just depends on which you want, if you had a list of fish you like it would be easier to help you