Stocking level Question

1. AdamR94 Initiate Member

I was just wondering what the stock level should be in a 54 litre? How many fish can be in there before it gets overstocked? I was just curious as I don't want too many fish so they get stressed out, My tank is 60cm x 30cm x 30cm. Thanks :)

2. AquaticBrandon Well Known Member Member

It depends on what fish you want to get

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. ricmcc Well Known Member Member

I see from your profile that your have had a year's experience with keeping fish, so I will assume that you know what you are about.
    That said, my preference, unless there is a need to overstock, is to quite understock. It seems to me to make keeping a healthy aquarium healthy that much easier.
    Of course, that is just my opinion, but I find that stocking to the limit tends to be rather counter-productive.
    All the best, and welcome to the site, look forward to seeing you about-rick

4. 19jimmy17 Member Member

You should see what your local fish store has in stock and put write down a list of your favorite fish and we could give you a few combinations of fish that would work in your tank.

But just to give you a general idea maybe like school of some kind of tetras(5-7 depending on which tetra), like 4-5 corys and a clown pleco.

It really just depends on which you want, if you had a list of fish you like it would be easier to help you