60 Gallon Tank Stocking Juwel Rio 240

KeenAquarist

Hi, I am getting a Juwel Rio 240 soon and thinking of fishes that I've always wanted to keep but never had big enough tanks to keep them.
Tiger barbs 12, Odessa barbs 8, Corydoras 8 and one more school of 6 fishes(Rainbow, Congo tetra or Colombian tetra)

Would this work? The tank will be heavily planted. I am having second thoughts because of the many accounts of fin nipping by the tigers.

I know I can't keep all these exact numbers and combinations. So if I were to specifically keep Tiger and Odessa barbs in the numbers, what else can I stock in the tank?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I already own a Juwel rio 125 with a a variety of peaceful community fishes and a fluval flex 57 with a betta, harlequin rasboras and ember tetras.
Thanks.

RogueFebreze

this should be fine, given the tank is planted and scaped to provide hiding spots. i would say avoid the smaller species of tetras and corydoras, and avoid the long fin variety of corydoras. if you were willing, i believe black ruby barbs are much less nippy than tigers as a substitute, but that's only if that worries you.

Upvote 0

KeenAquarist

this should be fine, given the tank is planted and scaped to provide hiding spots. i would say avoid the smaller species of tetras and corydoras, and avoid the long fin variety of corydoras. if you were willing, i believe black ruby barbs are much less nippy than tigers as a substitute, but that's only if that worries you.
Thanks for the reply... Black ruby barbs are definitely on my list if things go south with Tigers. I am just thinking they are kind of similar to Odessas on first look.

Upvote 0

RogueFebreze

Thanks for the reply... Black ruby barbs are definitely on my list if things go south with Tigers. I am just thinking they are kind of similar to Odessas on first look.
that is a good point. if you can find or order them, i would look into snakeskin/orange buffalo barbs. they have a tiger like appearance without as much of the nippy nature

Upvote 0

KeenAquarist

Had to look up these options. Nice choices; thanks for the suggestion.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
richiep
Replies
Views
Claire04
  • Question
Replies
Views
Crimson_687