Stocking Issue After Dividing Tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Rosa Martinez, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Rosa MartinezValued MemberMember

I had 1 betta, 5 julii cories, 4 Otos and 4 amano shrimp in my 13 gallon tank. It was a good stock according to aqadvisor. Yesterday I divided the tank so that I can have another betta. I re homed the cories because they need more space. Now each side (a little over 6 gallons each) has 1 betta, 2 Otos and 2 amano shrimp. Now according to aqadvisor each side is overstocked. I guess it's because of the footprint with the new dimensions. Should I re home the ottos too and just keep the shrimp?

2. AradesValued MemberMember

Yeah, rehome the ottos and youll be fine

3. CulpritFishlore VIPMember

Aqadvisor is not the best actually. I don't know about the miniumum tank size for otos but I believe its a 20 gallon. I think you are definitely not overstocked right now... I don't know how you are keeping them fed with enough algea.

@TexasDomer @Al347

4. Rosa MartinezValued MemberMember

I feed them algae wafers and blanched zucchini.
    Then I should definitely re home them. They will be too stressed out in just a 6 gallon space. I noticed my betta is getting stressed too because there's too much movement around him and he doesn't have the space to get away from them anymore. It will be just bettas and shrimp

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice