Stocking in a 35 Gallon

Leeman75

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I'm planning on a 35 gallon tank. Would love to have a couple Electric Blue Acaras and a few Bolivian Rams. Some Tetra or Rasbora to add some dither and round out the tank. Will the two types of Cichlids do well with each other in this size tank? Would love thoughts on this as I've never kept either of the fish.

OP
Leeman75

Leeman75

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I don't have it in front of me, but I believe it's 36 x 12 x 18.

FinalFins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Hmm, EBA should really be in at least of 48", they can get decent sized so I would rule those out first unfortunately.

Bolivians or apistos could be good choices, get groups of those and that would be about all you could do for cichlids, then you could add some pencilfish for dithers, they are usually pretty peaceful but that's my taste of fish :)

OP
Leeman75

Leeman75

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I could put the EBAs in my 55, which is 48" and move the GBRs and Zebra Danios to the 35 and leave the EBA in the big tank with Tetras and Corys. I have a DG too, which can be in whichever works best (probably staying with the GBRs).

Do Bolivians or Apistos mix with GBRs very well? I imagine it's kind of hit or miss depending on the fish.

FinalFins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
EBA in the 55 should be fine, although the zebras would be better in the 55 as high temps of GBR aren't great for the danios.

Bolivians don't mix well as they are not temp compatible, I would be wary mixing 2 different dwarfs in a 36" tank.

OP
Leeman75

Leeman75

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
FinalFins: All things I was kind of wondering. Thanks! I guess I'll have some decisions to make Appreciate your knowledge sharing!

New Threads