Stocking ideas

R0B

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have a 29 gal with Two, 3" angels, 3 Mollies, 4 Cory's (for the bottom so they dont take swimming space) and a very peaceful Red Tail Shark. Can i add maybe some firemouths, or a pair of convicts? I'm open to ideas but i want to keep it to 2 fish, i want my angels to have plenty of swimming space.

ariolex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Rob,

Not an expert on cichlids but i can say convicts are not an option, way too agressive for your current fish. Don't know about the Firemouths but my guess is that is a bad option too.
Since you want to have plenty of swimming space for your angels what about adding one honey gourami. Remmember that your angels will get bigger than what they are now.

Last edited:

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I think you're pretty much stocked right now. That shark won't like sharing the space with anyone. It might be peaceful now but it probably won't stay that way. Your angels will get to be about 6" each and your mollies will get to be about 4" each.

-Lisa

firemouthfreak

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I think you are a bit over stocked. Convicts would be a no no for a community tank. If you consider getting rid of a few fish, then a FM would be fine, as long as it is smaller/same size as the other fish.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning,

I have moved your thread to the Aquarium Stocking Questions section of the forum. I think this will help you to receive more responses.

Thanks!
Ken

R0B

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Good morning,

I have moved your thread to the Aquarium Stocking Questions section of the forum. I think this will help you to receive more responses.

Thanks!
Ken
Thank you, but my Female Molly just gave birth last night so no convicts or FM, just Mollies

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom