Stocking ideas 20 Gallon Tank

1. datmacc Initiate Member

Hi,

I have had 4 Zebra Danios in my tropical fishtank for 3 weeks now and was looking to add a couple more fish, any ideas welcome. was looking at maybe a couple of mollys but just not sure.

I am not having any problem with Algae at the moment so i take it i do not need an algae eater until i do.

The danio's seem pretty peaceful and a couple chase each other around sometimes but not very often.

Thanks for any advice

2. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

Before you add fish, you should make sure your tank has gone through the nitrogen cycle.

welcome to FL. :)

if you cycled before adding the danios, then 2-3 mollies should work fine in your tank. Mollies are prolific breeders, so 1 male and 2 females would be good. The adults should eat the fry, so you shouldn't have a population explosion.

A bit later, you could consider adding a small school of otos to the bottom, or even some shrimp or pgymy cories.

3. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Hi welcome to FishLore :)
    Please fill in your aquarium info (found under My Settings at the top left).
    It'll help the members if they have all the info about your tank.

Thanks and enjoy the forum!

4. agabr123 Fishlore VIP Member

5. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Datmacc and Welcome to Fish Lore. :animal0068:I have moved your thread to the Aquarium Stocking Questions section of the forum to help you to receive more responses.
    Thanks!
    Ken