Stocking Ideas Question

1. Angel Fish Initiate Member

HI

I currently have 2 angel fish, 7 tetras, & 1 catfish in a 46 gal bow tank. I'm looking for a colorful fish to add to the community. I like the look of the solid blue or yellow african cichlids but hear they are very aggressive. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

2. AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

You could do a Pearl Gourmai. I had one that died a few months ago, I really liked him. Pretty fish. :)

3. redlessi Well Known Member Member

Not sure about the africans but you can go for a bolivian ram. I have 2 with 1 angel and 1 dwarf flame gourami and everyone gets along fine.

Welcome to the Forum:;balloons

4. Angel Fish Initiate Member

Thanks. I had my eye on a blue dwarf gourami or a fire gourami but the pearl is very pretty too.

5. Regal Well Known Member Member

The Africans have different water requirements than the fish you already have. I would recommend a Blue Ram. They would be compatible with your fish plus they are blue and yellow all in one fish.

6. Angel Fish Initiate Member

The rams are quite beautiful. Thanks.

7. kacie Member Member

Keyhole cichlids would be nice. I agree rams would be nice. A pair of apistogramma might work. A school of Cories would be a safe choice.

8. rae64 Well Known Member Member

you maybe could go with platys... they have lots of color :) reds and yellows, as well as blacks whites and mixes! also... depending on the catfish, if its a cory you should up the school to 5 or 6 +

also honey gouramis are great... sweet temperment and can be kept in same sex groups... not aggresive like their relatives! they stay small, less than 2 inches.

9. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

i was thinking of livebearers too, since they are so colorful and peaceful. guppies or platies maybe.

10. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Bolivian rams or apistogramma would be nice. Blue rams are pretty, but you're better off to locate a breeder for them as most stock you see in pet shops are weak and treated with hormones.