Stocking Ideas

aquachris

So I recently picked up a 40 breeder and a 20 gallon - Trying to figure out what to stock them with. I half am debating using the 40 for a schooling type where maybe I can have a bunch of nano type fish in a school... But I dunno... I also wouldn't mind getting some cory's again... Also thought about doing a plant tank (sure might have a few fish in it, but its main showcase would be plants)....

So many options... What say ye Fishlore Peeps?

Nataku

Well Known
Well a planted 40 breeder could have corydoras and a school of nano fish. I suppose it really comes down to which plants and which corydoras and which nanos.
Do you have a temp range that's easy for you to maintain?
Is your water particularly hard or soft? Could influence plant choices.
And do you have a color in mind?

OP
aquachris

aquachris

Easy to maintain would be 68 to 72 depending on time of year, winter vs summer. Hard water. I think a little color would be cool, but not really picky on that. Also it's about 8 pH

OP
aquachris

aquachris

That'd be kinda fun with the white cloud minnows in a shoal.. Cory's are definitely on my list I need :) Haha.
Tetra's was definitely something that I thought of too.. they are cool schooling fish.
I used to have a blue gourami's back in the day, they were pretty neat... That Honey Gourami sure has a nice pop of color...

mang0

Drasi said:
That'd be kinda fun with the white cloud minnows in a shoal.. Cory's are definitely on my list I need :) Haha.
Tetra's was definitely something that I thought of too.. they are cool schooling fish.
I used to have a blue gourami's back in the day, they were pretty neat... That Honey Gourami sure has a nice pop of color...
i love mine (he's my profile picture actually from when i first got him, he has colored up even more)! you can have just one in a tank and they will be okay, or you can keep multiple (just research male to female ratio). they are super peaceful and will socialize and swim with whatever else you have in the tank. mine loves to swim and eat with my corydoras!

OP
aquachris

aquachris

Another thing I wouldn't mind is a pair of angels, but my 40g is a breeder... If anyone in Michigan has a 40 High, lmk if ya wanna trade LOL!

OP
aquachris

aquachris

Oh something I'd like to get is some ADF's, been a while since I've had some. I could get a couple now for my 10g snail tank I would imagine (though I've never looked at tank requirements - but they are so small). And eventually move them over into another community tank.

New Threads