Help Stocking Ideas

SerenityFeather

Reaction score
Hi there! As you can probably see, I'm new here.
I decided to stop by because I have some questions, being a beginner aquarist and I found this site to be pretty reliable and friendly.

So I currently have an already cycled fish tank and I'm planning to add some livestock.
Could y'all help me pick an idea on how to stock them?
Also please tell me if you think I'm overstocking my tank.
It's 20 gallons (roughly) with the dimensions of 60cm * 30 cm * 30 cm*

IDEA #1:
1 Red Plakat Betta (centerpiece)
6 Ember Tetras
6 Lambchop Rasboras
6 Kuhli Loaches
3 Royal Farlowellas
1 Asian Stone Catfish
Some Shrimp and Nerite Snails
(I am almost certainly not going with this idea)

IDEA #2:
4 Sparkling Gourami
10 Norman's Lampeyes
3 Royal Farlowellas
1 Asian Stone Catfish
Some Shrimp and Nerite Snails

So overall I'm going for nano Asian species with the exception of Farlowellas, lampeyes and tetras. I also have a budget so I'm generally going for smaller fish species.

JettsPapa

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello,

I haven't kept any of the fish on either list, so I can't be much help with that, but wanted to welcome you to the forum.

LadfromLondon

Well Known
Reaction score
Welcome! :)
Not saying you’re incorrect or anything, but are you sure that’s 20G? My 50 x 30 x 30 is 10G and I recently saw a 60 x 30 x 30 which held 54L/12G.

Moving to the stocking-
#1 I’n glad you probably won’t go with it. You could do a peaceful Betta with Green Neon Tetras or Lambchop Rasboras. Embers with a red Betta won’t give you the colour contrast you’re looking for, and one large nano school would look much better. I’m not sure if there would be enough space on the surface for your bottom dwellers.

#2 I cannot tell you about the fish as I’m unsure but, I’d say get shrimps or snails. If you want snails for algae control and shrimp for leftover food, get Amano Shrimp. They do both.

By no means is my opinion an expert one, so I’ll let others chime in from here. Good luck! :)

New Threads