Stocking Ideas

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by 1BGM1, Apr 22, 2017.

1. 1BGM1

1BGM1New MemberMember

Hey everyone, I'm looking into adding some more fish to my tank but not sure where to go, so far I have:
    5 zebra danios
    5 neon tetras
    4 albino Cory cats (will get 2 more)
    1 Dalmatian Molly

Now I will add the 2 corys for sure but as per the rest I'm not sure what to get, I want a nice centrepiece around 6" full grown and a couple more fish, any ideas?

2. Adriana N

Adriana NValued MemberMember

How large is your tank? Before you add the large fish, I honestly think that you should add at least one or two more schooling fish, since they should be in groups in six or more.

3. Al913

Al913Fishlore VIPMember

What size tank?

Dalmatian mollies get 4.75 inches

4. OP
    OP
    1BGM1

1BGM1New MemberMember

I have a 38 gallon bow front, I have more than enough filtration power with a cobalt ext canister and enough hiding places for the fish

5. Al913

Al913Fishlore VIPMember

1x Dalmatian Molly
    12x zebra danios
    12x neon tetras
    10x albino Cory cats

Your tank is mainly cool water so the fish like the lower 70s. Will look into center piece fish!

6. JeffK

JeffKWell Known MemberMember

I'm a little concerned about getting too large of a centerpiece fish as the neons could become a snack (no matter how peaceful the fish, if it can fit in its mouth, there's a good chance it will try to eat it). I was thinking maybe a pearl gourami but I think they prefer warmer temps than your other fish. Bolivian ram could work.

7. OP
    OP
    1BGM1

1BGM1New MemberMember

Well I had a few angels but they all died during the cycle so I had my temp set to 82, it's currently at 79 but everyone's doing fine so not sure if I can just leave it or should I drop it down?

8. Al913

Al913Fishlore VIPMember

Your gonna want to lower it to 74F. When it comes to temp, it is a long term effect. The fish seem fine, but their body are actually under stress, thus causing them to have a shorten life span. When at higher temps than what they prefer they have a even shorter life span

9. OP
    OP
    1BGM1

1BGM1New MemberMember

Sounds good, I lowered my heater and will monitor the temp until it hits around that, thanks in advance for the thoughts, I really appreciate it :)