Stocking Ideas!

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by notmyfirstname123, Apr 19, 2017.

1. n

notmyfirstname123 Valued Member Member

So I just aquired a 75 gallon tank and was wondering what everyone would recommend for stocking. So I am moving 7 cherry barbs, 4 male and 8 female guppies, 6 green emerald cories, 7 rasboras, 6 nerites and 2 mysteries as well as 1 (or more) ghost shrimp. Will have lightly planted with driftwood. I do want only schooling community fish :)

2. O

OnTheFly Well Known Member Member

Guppies are not actually schooling fish. But with your proposed stocking plan you'll have 500 of them shortly. It will look like a school.

Sorry, I couldn't help it. :)

3. OP
    OP
    n

hahaha yeah they give fry off pretty often, but so far only the odd one or two survive and my LFS gives 10 cents credit for each haha

4. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeper Fishlore VIP Member

Maybe a school of salt and pepper cories?

5. OP
    OP
    n

yeah Im most certainly gonna do another school of cories but im looking for like 1 more school of mid/mid low level swimmers.

6. O

OnTheFly Well Known Member Member

Two of my favorite schoolers are lemon tetras and phantom tetras. I have black phantoms but they come in different colors. Tight schoolers and mine have been very peaceful with long finned tankmates. Very active fish. They go crazy when I feed them, or even just approach the tank sometimes.

7. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

I would do 12 aeneus cories.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice