yea you look like you are over stocked, i dont know what a geo srum is really

so your stock right now is:

5 molly fry
2 adult molly
1 powder blue gourami ( is that a DG? )
1 male sword tail
5 neon tetras
and one unknown fish

personally, i would up the number of tetras or 8 or 10 and thats about it, your platys and swordtails are going to breed really fast and you will overstocked then or already are.

RogueAgent94

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to FishLore!

I agree, you sound to be over stocked. I would try to rehome the mollies as they are taking up most of the space, rehoming the sword tail would also be better.

Could you provide us with a picture of your ' geo surm'?

A powder blue gourami is a DG. I think you should add 5 neon tetras to make a school. An Angelfish or a pair of Bolivian rams would look great in there. Angels might eat your neons though so you may want to be wary of them. Other colorful fish you could add are rasboras, German Blue Rams, yo-yo loaches, and other tetras. How about a stocking list like this -

10x Neon Tetra
2x Bolivian Rams OR 2x German Blue Rams
5x yo-yo loaches
5x Lemon Tetras OR 8x Kerri Tetra.

You would have to rehome your mollies and sword tail for this though. Depending on what your other fish is, you may have to rehome that as well.

GBR.Moorrreeee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If I'm right the geo surm is a Geophagus Surinamensis. If it is, then one you need to return it because it can get up to 12 inches, way to big for your tank. And two, it must still be a juvenile which means it colors are drab right now. As soon as it hits the 1-1.5 Year mark it will look spectacular. But you really need to get it out of there as it needs a 75 gallon tank min. If you like the shape you could do 3-4 Geo. Merindolis with the Neon and Lemon tetras.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom