Stocking Ideas With Platys 10 Gallon Tank 

My Betta Moonstone

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have a ten gallon tank with three platys; one marigold platy, one rainbow wag, and one panda. I was thinking of adding some otocinclus, but the platys are actually taking care of the algae. My rainbow wag is a little aggressive. She doesn’t bite, but she will sometimes head butt one of the fish. I can’t have shrimp, since I use osmocote fertilizer which contains copper. I was thinking of some ember tetras, but are there any other fish I could add?

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
More platys.

My Betta Moonstone

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Crispii said:
More platys.
I would add more platys, but they have a large bio load and I wanted to have some variety in the tank. Thank you though!

FeederGuppies

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
5-6 celestial pearl danios or chili rasboras would work.
My Betta Moonstone said:
I would add more platys, but they have a large bio load and I wanted to have some variety in the tank. Thank you though!
Do you have both male and female platies? If so, you're going to have a lot more soon.

MileyMorkie

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Rasboras, tetras or minnows would work well as I know platys/platies don't seem to trust people and same goes for minnows, tetras and rasboras so they would work well. I don't really like male guppies with platys/platies because on the first few days they'll think they are female guppies. The platys/platies could hurt the guppies if they pushed their limits.

I would say to add hatchet fish but as someone told me they just *yeet* out of the tank.

My Betta Moonstone

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
FeederGuppies said:
5-6 celestial pearl danios or chili rasboras would work.
Do you have both male and female platies? If so, you're going to have a lot more soon.
No, I only have females.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I would add 6 ember tetras and call your tank stocked they are pretty cool little active schoolers and have a tiny bioload so adding them shouldn’t b an issue

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads