Stocking Ideas With A Male Betta

Somethingcreative123456

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
image.jpg
So I have a Male betta alone in a 10 gallon and I’m wondering if it’s possible to get him some tank mates to keep him company. I know that neurite nails or ghost shrimp are good options I was just thinking about some fish that could be good. I know male betta can be pretty aggressive if they’ve been kept alone, but hopefully he can get some friends here is his tanks

Lefky

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
You can probably do some snails and maybe a smaller rasbora or another nano fish.

kallililly1973

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Somethingcreative123456 said:
Ok cool I was thinking maybe a few galaxy Danios
I always forget the Celestial pearl danios when someone is looking for a good little nano fish. Haven't had any yet but they look nice.

OP
Somethingcreative123456

Somethingcreative123456

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
kallililly1973 said:
I always forget the Celestial pearl danios when someone is looking for a good little nano fish. Haven't had any yet but they look nice.
Yep that’s what I meant by galaxy danios I just couldn’t think of the right name

kallililly1973

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Yep that’s what I meant by galaxy danios I just couldn’t think of the right name
CPD's for short in case you see the initials . Which could eventually wind up in this thread

Latrell

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
The lucky bamboo aren't fully aquatic they will drown you can submerge it only a few inches never submerge the the cut top and the new leaf growths they will melt and drown the plant....lucky bamboo are semI aquatic

OP
Somethingcreative123456

Somethingcreative123456

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Latrell said:
The lucky bamboo aren't fully aquatic they will drown you can submerge it only a few inches never submerge the the cut top and the new leaf growths they will melt and drown the plant....lucky bamboo are semI aquatic
Ok I know I plan to take it out soon

OP
Somethingcreative123456

Somethingcreative123456

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hey y’all how are you? I was wondering what you guys thought of me gettin 4 CPD’s
A nerite snail and 4 ember tetras in a ten gallon with a male betta

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
You should up the numbers of your ember tetras to at least 6 or more. As for getting CPDs, don't get them unless you're going to get a large tank to sustain your current stocking.

OP
Somethingcreative123456

Somethingcreative123456

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Crispii said:
You should up the numbers of your ember tetras to at least 6 or more. As for getting CPDs, don't get them unless you're going to get a large tank to sustain your current stocking.
My current stock is a male betta why should I upgrade

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
My current stock is a male betta why should I upgrade
My bad. I thought you have Embers with your betta. As for tank mates, it's going to be a hit-or-miss. Some bettas can't tolerate tank mates while some don't care.

OP
Somethingcreative123456

Somethingcreative123456

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Crispii said:
My bad. I thought you have Embers with your betta. As for tank mates, it's going to be a hit-or-miss. Some bettas can't tolerate tank mates while some don't care.
Yeah I might just try to build up his tolerance with like a snail then some embers then the CPD’s and I could stop if he’s too aggressive

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Yeah I might just try to build up his tolerance with like a snail then some embers then the CPD’s and I could stop if he’s too aggressive
Get a big tank if you're going to get both embers and CPDs with your betta. Imo, a 10 is too small to house both species of fish that shoal. Also, a betta may not be aggressive when housed in a large aquarium.

OP
Somethingcreative123456

Somethingcreative123456

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Crispii said:
Get a big tank if you're going to get both embers and CPDs with your betta. Imo, a 10 is too small to house both species of fish that shoal. Also, a betta may not be aggressive when housed in a large aquarium.
Ok thanks for the advice

New Threads