Question Stocking ideas for peaceful tank

Justkeepswimming01

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I currently have a 10G running that I could upgrade what’s either a 10G tall or a 15G I have in my garage. Currently in my tank I have 6 dwarf corydoras and two mystery snails. I would love to expand and have a peaceful tank that could include shrimp or more fish or snails! Send any ideas my way! I will measure my other tank tomorrow and throw the measurements on here so I know what size it is. But for now I think the biggest it possibly is is 15G!

Otocinclus13

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I agree with chilI rasboras. Another good one would be strawberry or exclamation point rasboras. I never understood the lure of endlers until I accidentally inherited some with a craigslist tank purchase, but now they're one of my favorites to watch because they're all so colorful and different! They're also hypersocial and swarm the tank when I'm close, and they use every last centimeter of their space (top to bottom, behind the filter and in all the corners and plants and nooks and crannies). In a 15 gallon you could have your dwarf cory cats and maybe 10 or so of your favorite endlers. Make sure you stick with males only- in a tank that size, those little lovebirds will have a population explosion! You could also add some cherry or amano shrimp once the tank gets established, as all of the other tank residents are very peaceful and will coexist well.

OP
Justkeepswimming01

Justkeepswimming01

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Do you think the other fish will eat shrimp if they’re in there? And how many mystery snails can I have id like to get one more blue one

vampireshrimpfan

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Justkeepswimming01 said:
Do you think the other fish will eat shrimp if they’re in there? And how many mystery snails can I have id like to get one more blue one
Rasboras won’t eat any shrimp. They rarely even eat babies ( They only eat the babies if you don’t feed them enough, even in that situation it’s rare. ).

New Threads