Stocking Ideas For New Tank

RainBetta

Well Known Member
Messages
1,581
Reaction score
770
Points
128
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi! As you might see on my profile, I have a new 29 gallon tank. I originally wanted an angelfish, but I read about how big they grow and just don't want to put one in such a small tank. I saw the DGs at my LFS the other day and absolutely loved them! How is this stocking?

x1 Dwarf Gourami
x5 Guppies
x10 Neons
x2 GBRs

I put it into aqadvisor and cane out with 83% stocked.

One more question. In what order would you add the fish? Should I add the DG last? What about the GBRs?
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #3

RainBetta

Well Known Member
Messages
1,581
Reaction score
770
Points
128
Experience
5 to 10 years
Rainy day said:
GBRs will want to be at 82 which is a bit too warm for your gourami and way too warm for the neons.
What about cardinal tetras? I know that those can handle a warmer tank. I thought that DG are fine with higher temperatures as well. I read that they are fine with lower 80's
 

Rainy day

Well Known Member
Messages
710
Reaction score
332
Points
78
Experience
5 to 10 years
RainBetta said:
What about cardinal tetras? I know that those can handle a warmer tank. I thought that DG are fine with higher temperatures as well. I read that they are fine with lower 80's
Cardinal tetras will work well but the DG won't be fine long term, though it'll certainly be able to tolerate it.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #5

RainBetta

Well Known Member
Messages
1,581
Reaction score
770
Points
128
Experience
5 to 10 years
Rainy day said:
Cardinal tetras will work well but the DG won't be fine long term, though it'll certainly be able to tolerate it.
Do you have any suggestions for centerpiece fish then? Bettas? Angelfish?
 

Rainy day

Well Known Member
Messages
710
Reaction score
332
Points
78
Experience
5 to 10 years
RainBetta said:
Do you have any suggestions for centerpiece fish then? Bettas? Angelfish?
Certainly German rams are centerpiece fish? A male betta would work fine, though.
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom