Stocking Ideas For My 32 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Amaresh, Aug 1, 2017.

1. AmareshValued MemberMember

Hello Fishlovers

I am into my 2nd week of cycling process and currently thinking of stocking options.

Ideally I would like something for bottom, mid and top level so that all areas are covered. :)

I have attached a picture. Please suggest some stocking ideas.

Aquarium Details:
    Boyu Aquarium-Picture attached
    Size: 79 X 39 X 39 cms (approx 32 g)
    Filteration: Inbuilt overhead filter 760 litres/hour
    Low Tech planted aqurium

Attached Files:

2. Cory & the CatzValued MemberMember

I would choose a mid/top swimming school such as danios, rasbora, or tetra. The bottom feeders i love cory cats are great they swim all around but spend more time at the bottom very fun fish though, or maybe a single BN pleco. Then choose a centerpiece fish or two, a pair of honey gouranmis or a pair of rams would probably work great.

3. OP
    OP
    A

AmareshValued MemberMember

Thanks.
    I was thinking of following:
    8 Neon Tetras
    4corycats
    1 gourami
    6 rasbora

Also once the tank is cycled is it advisable to add fish in single go or is i recommended to add different species one by one

4. Cory & the CatzValued MemberMember

Id recommend one school at a time, no more than 6 at once, also the corydoras require a school so i would advise upping that number to 6. your stocking all seems to fit, i think you could choose panda, emerald, albino, sterbai, or peppered corydoras. a single dwarf gourami or a honey would probably work well.
    Edit: Also they say to add least agressive first so id go with the corydoras then schooling fish then the gourami. i added my gouramis first and still no issues but just to be safe.

5. Philippians 4:13

Philippians 4:13Well Known MemberMember

I would add 2-3 at a time, but yes, add them by species, and don't add 3 zebra danios, then three cats, then three rasboras. Add all, danios, all cats, all rasboras etc.

6. OP
    OP
    A

AmareshValued MemberMember

Thanks for your suggestions. Really helpful

7. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06Well Known MemberMember

I would suggest

3-4 Honey Gouramis
    2 Bolivian Rams (male/female)
    10 Neon Tetras
    8 Harlequin Rasbora
    8 Panda corys or Peppered

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice