30 Gallon Tank Stocking Ideas For My 30 Gallon

arodriguezh

I was thinking of buying neon tetras, but I read that they need (or feel more comfortable) in densely planted aquariums. Do any of you know of another schooling fish that would feel comfortable in my fish tank?
IMG_20190712_203447.jpg

Bexiboo

Bear in mind rosy red are often feeders so they tend to have subpar health. Medication will be necessary unless you find someone selling healthy pet quality ones (most LFS I’ve run into only have feeders). They’re fantastic fish once you overcome that hurdle - I’m keeping a few myself. Very entertaining & brassy little guys!! They also breed like chiclids, which makes them a very fun egg laying species, but also means they need caves to feel comfortable.

If you choose Rosy Reds make sure to buy ones that already achieved their color if aesthetics is important to you. Some will lean more toward their minnow roots and end up silver, because RRs are just a variation of fathead minnows, so getting pinkish ones to start with alleviates that.

hanra85

Nice looking tank... Rummynose tetras if you're looking for a tight schooler, praecox or blue eye rainbows are also nice...

arodriguezh

RyanC14

I think my water is too hot for minnow. The temperature in my tank is 76-80
Maybe rasboras could work?

arodriguezh

Maybe rasboras could work?
I thought that rasbora were more shoalers than schoolers

NC122606

What other small schooling fish will you recommend?
How much gallons is it? Because if it is above 29 I have a good idea.

arodriguezh

How much gallons is it? Because if it is above 29 I have a good idea.
Its a 30 gallon 36x12x16

arodriguezh

You could do a school of blind cave tetra, which would look very cool almost like remaking their cave dwelling environment.
They seem pretty cool... The things is that I won't find them in any of my LFS... I need something more readily available

MommaWilde

I just gotta say I love the look of your tank. A pair of brichardI would work.

jinjerJOSH22

A school of Ember tetra, if they are the only fish in the tank it shouldn't make much of a difference if it's planted or not.

Alan0823

Put some jewel cichilds, or mbuna cichilds they'll look great in that setup.

Triggerman

glow light tetra, harlequin rasbora, ember tetra, rosey barbs, gold barbs. ghost catfish I II for GlowLight tetras I just love mine

schooling or shoaling, 6 is still minimum. I have fairly recently gotten 6 scissor tail rasbora, "LOVE THEM"
Any ways, they stay together in a tight scool most of the time. More so even then my x-ray tetras.
I second that GlowLight tetras
glow light tetra, harlequin rasbora, ember tetra, rosey barbs, gold barbs. ghost catfish

schooling or shoaling, 6 is still minimum. I have fairly recently gotten 6 scissor tail rasbora, "LOVE THEM"
Any ways, they stay together in a tight scool most of the time. More so even then my x-ray tetras.

Attachments

• 20190728_183431.jpg
    20190728_183431.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 81

Triggerman

I second that GlowLight tetras
Don't rule out Cherry Barb's or pork chop rasboras

Triggerman

A couple Dennison and Barbs would look very nice in that

Attachments

• 20190728_184006.jpg
    20190728_184006.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 75

TankGirl86

I was thinking of buying neon tetras, but I read that they need (or feel more comfortable) in densely planted aquariums. Do any of you know of another schooling fish that would feel comfortable in my fish tank?
IMG_20190712_203447.jpg
Glass Cats would look pretty sweet with your set up!

NC122606

Glass Cats would look pretty sweet with your set up!
Agree I love the cave theme. It would be so cool if OP could do.
6x Blind Cave Tetra
6x Glass Catfish
1x Centerpiece to compliment the rest

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Nataku
Replies
Views
RayClem
  • Question