30 Gallon Tank Stocking Ideas For My 30 Gallon

AlejandroRodriguez

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I was thinking of buying neon tetras, but I read that they need (or feel more comfortable) in densely planted aquariums. Do any of you know of another schooling fish that would feel comfortable in my fish tank?
IMG_20190712_203447.jpg

Bexiboo

Reaction score
Bear in mind rosy red are often feeders so they tend to have subpar health. Medication will be necessary unless you find someone selling healthy pet quality ones (most LFS I’ve run into only have feeders). They’re fantastic fish once you overcome that hurdle - I’m keeping a few myself. Very entertaining & brassy little guys!! They also breed like chiclids, which makes them a very fun egg laying species, but also means they need caves to feel comfortable.

If you choose Rosy Reds make sure to buy ones that already achieved their color if aesthetics is important to you. Some will lean more toward their minnow roots and end up silver, because RRs are just a variation of fathead minnows, so getting pinkish ones to start with alleviates that.

hanra85

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Nice looking tank... Rummynose tetras if you're looking for a tight schooler, praecox or blue eye rainbows are also nice...

NC122606

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
AlejandroRodriguez said:
What other small schooling fish will you recommend?
How much gallons is it? Because if it is above 29 I have a good idea.

OP
AlejandroRodriguez

AlejandroRodriguez

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
NC122606 said:
You could do a school of blind cave tetra, which would look very cool almost like remaking their cave dwelling environment.
They seem pretty cool... The things is that I won't find them in any of my LFS... I need something more readily available

Alan0823

Reaction score
Put some jewel cichilds, or mbuna cichilds they'll look great in that setup.

Triggerman

Reaction score
Noroomforshoe said:
glow light tetra, harlequin rasbora, ember tetra, rosey barbs, gold barbs. ghost catfish I II for GlowLight tetras I just love mine

schooling or shoaling, 6 is still minimum. I have fairly recently gotten 6 scissor tail rasbora, "LOVE THEM"
Any ways, they stay together in a tight scool most of the time. More so even then my x-ray tetras.
I second that GlowLight tetras
Noroomforshoe said:
glow light tetra, harlequin rasbora, ember tetra, rosey barbs, gold barbs. ghost catfish

schooling or shoaling, 6 is still minimum. I have fairly recently gotten 6 scissor tail rasbora, "LOVE THEM"
Any ways, they stay together in a tight scool most of the time. More so even then my x-ray tetras.

Attachments

New Threads