75 Gallon Tank Stocking Ideas For High Ph And Hard Water In A 75g

Zeeth29

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Thats a nice looking scape. I'm in the same boat as you with the ph and hard water and Livebearers have worked out well for me. Interested to see what other people suggest.

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
What would you be interested in? The pH does not limit you, unless you are getting wild-caught acidic water fish.

mollykat

Reaction score
What would you be interested in? The pH does not limit you, unless you are getting wild-caught acidic water fish.
I’m interested in a large group of tight schooling small fish and maybe some medium sized centerpiece fish and then shrimp, snails or cleaner fish.

Elle2128

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Interested to see what people suggest. I have very similar water, and I just got new fish for my 40 gallon today. I've decided to go with a school of Silvertip Tetras, only 10 at the moment cause that was all my LFS had in stock, and will eventually be adding some Platy fish. Thinking about adding a single Paradise fish as a centerpiece, and haven't decided what I want to put on the bottom.

mollykat

Reaction score
How small, exactly? Like 2 inches? I think a large group of congo tetras would look amazing, but they get a little bigger.
2 inches or smaller and like at least 20. Holy cow! Congo tetras are beautiful, but I just read they like softer water.

Anders247

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They're fine in hard water.
Neon dwarf rainbowfish, Melanotaenia praecox, are another option to look at.

mollykat

Reaction score
They're fine in hard water.
Neon dwarf rainbowfish, Melanotaenia praecox, are another option to look at.
The Congo tetra really are amazingly beautiful! I saw them in a video and I fell in love! Those neon dwarf rainbows are cool, too! I love that the male and female color differently. Great suggestions! Thank you

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom