Stocking ideas for a 60 gallon aquarium?

24Bryce

One of my tanks is finally ready for fish after being able to work this summer due to college, any ideas on what to stock in the aquarium? I have two ideas, use it as a grow out tank for German blue rams (If I can get past the fry stage) since they are my favorite type of aquarium fish. Then second idea is making it a community tank, any ideas on what to stock it with? (Besides guppies, tetras, mollies, angel fish (Maybe?)
I do plan on adding more plants, I have a background also, not on the tank currently, waiting to get a hood also
20220528_143939.jpg

jmaldo

Nice start.
GBR prefer and thrive in warmer temps, so if they are in the plan, need to stick with others in the warmer temp range. Might consider EBA or Bolivian rams, along with some cories.

Good Luck!

Nopsu

Community with pearl gouramis maybe six of them? (more females ofc) and maybe some cool cories like sterbai? they are schooling so at least 10 of them. Then plant alot of lilys or vals or something that make nice jungle looking shady covers for the gourami.
They are my favourite gourami (my profile picture gives a hint) and I hope Ill afford to set up another bigger tank and house them myself.

24Bryce

bumblbee gobies are good, may be considered food but it depends, discus, pea puffers (may be eaten!), panda cories, pygmy sunfish, amano shrimp and possibly clown fish (wink wink)

however, if you do choose this list, angels and discus are kind of gone as an option.
I am for sure not doing saltwater again lol

Nice start.
GBR prefer and thrive in warmer temps, so if they are in the plan, need to stick with others in the warmer temp range. Might consider EBA or Bolivian rams, along with some cories.

Good Luck!
I had a community tank with all 4 types of rams, worked good for a while but love the German blues, but Bolivans tend to be harder it seems
Community with pearl gouramis maybe six of them? (more females ofc) and maybe some cool cories like sterbai? they are schooling so at least 10 of them. Then plant alot of lilys or vals or something that make nice jungle looking shady covers for the gourami.
They are my favourite gourami (my profile picture gives a hint) and I hope Ill afford to set up another bigger tank and house them myself.
Never thought of it like that, I may have to do that

Random Great Thread!

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom