Stocking Ideas For A 125

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by bkaiser3, Apr 20, 2017.

1. bkaiser3Well Known MemberMember

I would like to get a few stocking suggestions based around an angel, severum and electric blue acara.

2. tyguy7760Fishlore VIPMember

Will this be a standard 6 foot 125 gallon? Are you trying to keep it all south american or are you open to central americans as well?

If so here's an idea

2 Angelfish
    1 Rotkiel Severum
    1 EB Acara
    1 Oscura Heterospila
    12 Diamond Tetras/Lemon Tetras/Praecox Rainbowfish
    5 Hoplo Catfish/15 Aeneus Corydoras/3-4 mutli synos

3. bkaiser3Well Known MemberMember

Yes, its 72x18x21 i believe.

4. bkaiser3Well Known MemberMember

And SA or CA

5. tyguy7760Fishlore VIPMember

Alright. Well then the stocking I suggested should work out just fine. Oscura Heterospila are a very nice large bodied cichlid that are quite laid back and peaceful. Another option you could consider would be a maskoheros/vieja regani. Also quite peaceful for their size.

If you aren't crazy about the vieja line of central americans you could consider something like a blood parrot, or chocolate cichlid. Another idea would be to forego an additional large bodied cichlid and go with a shoal of smaller cichlids like rainbow cichlids or bandits.

6. bkaiser3Well Known MemberMember

I do like BPs. My daughters love their mouths lol

7. tyguy7760Fishlore VIPMember

You could try 1 blood parrot instead of the oscura in my suggestions above. Or you could maybe try to do just 1 angel and 2 parrots. I'd probably start with three young ones and then rehome 1 or 2 if they become issues as they age.

8. bkaiser3Well Known MemberMember

Im not too familiar with an Oscura heterospila. How big do they get?

9. tyguy7760Fishlore VIPMember

They will get a little bigger than parrots. About 10 inches. They are the smallest of the old Vieja genus

10. bkaiser3Well Known MemberMember

Do you think i could do 1 angel and both the parrot and Oscura? Along with the others.

11. tyguy7760Fishlore VIPMember

It could be worth a shot. Get them young and let them grow together. You may need to rehome some as they grow but they are all fairly mild mannered. I'd say the biggest wild card will be the parrot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice