Stocking Ideas For A 10 G Nano Tank!

1. Hego_Damask

Hego_Damask Member Member

Hello lore!

After quite some time of cycling & aquascaping this tank, I’m finally ready to stock this bad boy!

Here’s a picture of the tank

1_A3_A7637_7_D17_4_A43_BB85_BA6_C13_E49390.jpg
    I have some dwarf tear grass that’s supposed to be delivered today, that I’m going to carpet the left side with. Plus I want to add some more plants

I want to do some form of a nano planted tank. I was thinking:

6-8-10 (?) chili rasboras
    A small school (3-5?) of sparkling gourami
    10-15 shrimp
    1-2 snails

What’d you guys think ?

Attached Files:

2. Mazeus

Mazeus Well Known Member Member

I have sparkling gourami and chili rasbora with a mystery snail. I would highly recommend this combo. You probably won't want to add shrimp though the gourami will hunt and kill them.

3. OP
    OP
    Hego_Damask

Really ? Hm. I’ll have to do some deep research on this, not that I don’t believe you, or anything like that! I aquascaped my tank specifically to host a bunch of shrimp. I think I would rather have a bunch of shrimp than a few sparkling G’s, if I have to choose. I have a few honey gourami with a few ghost shrimp in my 20 G, & they get along great. Albeit I’ve never had any sparkling gourami

4. Mazeus

Mazeus Well Known Member Member

I've never kept shrimp with them because I had read that they kill RCS- and if you follow Foo the Flowerhorn on youtube, his sparkling gouramis took down several of his ghostshrimp. They probably wouldn't get them all. Perhaps wait to see if others have successfully kept shrimp with sparkling gourami.

5. -Mak-

-Mak- Well Known Member Member

Chili rasboras are great :)
    What light is that? And by dwarf tear grass do you mean dwarf hair grass or dwarf baby tears? Both require a lot of light (and CO2 for the baby tears) to grow well.

6. OP
    OP
    Hego_Damask

Will do!

Yes, dwarf baby tears!

It’s just a cheap Nicrew I bought online as a spare a long time ago. I use a fluval planted + 2.0 in my 20 G & love it. I’d like something similar in my 10

7. -Mak-

I'd be prepared to set up CO2 and higher lighting, or risk the DBT dying. It really only grows in high tech :(
    Possibly keeping it in a emersed setup may allow you to grow it until you can meet its submersed requirements.

8. OP
    OP
    Hego_Damask

Thanks for the tip! I’ll look into upgrading the light ASAP, & I’ll dose it with liquid CO until I can get a real setup

9. -Mak-

Liquid won't cut it unfortunately, since it's not actual CO2. DIY might be a quick way to get some CO2 going at least for a little while :)

10. OP
    OP
    Hego_Damask

Alright so I’m putting 20 RCS in the tank first

Then chili rasboras

Then 1-2 sparkling gourami

My question is how many chili rasboras can I have ?

I was thinking 8-10

11. -Mak-

For reference, I have 8 in a 3 gallon. Sparkling gouramis aren't very big either, so I think you could do more if you wanted.

12. OP
    OP
    Hego_Damask

Noted, thanks !