90 Gallon Tank Stocking Ideas For 85-90 Gallon Tank?

Smxthyy

Reaction score
STOCKING IDEAS FOR 85-90 GALLON?

8F790F3C-65D0-4528-B67C-55AA6C76CF6E.jpeg

Hi, I am just looking for ideas for my tank, it has some plants, rocks, 2 pieces of driftwood. I was thinking around 20-30 rummynose tetras, around 10 blue emperor tetras and 10 cherry barbs. I already have a couple tanks with larger fish so I’ve decided to go with smaller fish this time, schools of fish this time. Appreciate any input guys

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Stocking sounds about right. In fact, I actually have a 90 gallon and I'm stocking it with altum angels.

Smxthyy

Reaction score
Stocking sounds about right. In fact, I actually have a 90 gallon and I'm stocking it with altum angels.
Wow very nice! Do you think that I would also be able to add 4 or 5 gold rams cichlids? Or would the barbs terrorise them too much?

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow very nice! Do you think that I would also be able to add 4 or 5 gold rams cichlids? Or would the barbs terrorise them too much?
I wouldn't add gold rams with your stocking as they prefer warmer water compared to the rest of your fish. If you want rams, go with Bolivian rams, as they are temperature compatible. Also, cherry barbs aren't that much of a fin nipper compared to their cousin, the tiger barbs.

Smxthyy

Reaction score
I wouldn't add gold rams with your stocking as they prefer warmer water compared to the rest of your fish. If you want rams, go with Bolivian rams, as they are temperature compatible. Also, cherry barbs aren't that much of a fin nipper compared to their cousin, the tiger barbs.
Do you have any ideas for stocking, other than the fish I have named that will stand out in the tank?

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm no stocking pro but what about silver dollars buenos aries or colombian tetras and a bunch of pepper corys...Thats a lot of color action and shine...If their compatible of course

A201

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'd go for some bigger Tetras, Columbian, Bleeding Hearts or Candy canes. If you want fast end to end movement & tight schooling, look at Buenos Aires Tetras.

Crispii

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Did you mean a full tank of honey gourami? Or did you recommend to add them with the rummynose, emperors, etc.. that I originally named?
Whatever you want, honestly. They're an extremely peaceful fish that can be housed in a community setting and don't really harass with each other. It's a fish that will do best in a group and will show interesting behaviors in a group.

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think a group of cories would love that sand bed of yours, so I'd reccomend getting a gang of them!

Otherwise, something interesting like a twig catfish could suit and add some further interest to the bottom areas.

Top Bottom