Stocking ideas for 60p heavily planted jungle scape

gaelin1

Hello, I am an inexperienced aquarist with only having an 8 gallon tank for almost a year. I am planning to upgrade my current tank to a 60p with dimensions 24 x 12 x 14". I am looking for ideas for stocking or input. I sort of want some fish that will have interesting behaviour. Here is my current stocking ideas:
3-5 ottos
3 amanos
20 cherry shrimp
10-15 Celestial Pearl Danio
8-12 boraras briggitae or micro rasbora
A centre piece fish as maybe 1 betta or maybe a group of 3 sparkling gouramis

Let me know what you think of my stocking ideas or if you have any suggestions. Thank you!

MacZ

Otos should only go in a well established tank (6 months runtime+), else they likely starve without supplementory feeding which is bad for waterquality.
Amanos require some more space.
If you planned them for "algae eaters", those are not necessary and in all cases the root of the algae is easier to work on. Also if you put in Neocaridina quite early this might not arise.
For the fish:
6-8 CPDs and 8-10 mosquitos are plenty. Definitely try the gourami, a betta is better off on it's own.

Also...is the p in 60p a typo? Pint would be a very unusual unit for aquariums. ;) It should be liters, right?

Upvote 0

Noroomforshoe

60 P? Im not sure if thats a typo or what but the dimensions you typed in suggest that you have a 20 gallon tall or close.
I guess MacZ said everything worth saying,
dont get ottos unles you have algae growth in the tank. get 5 or more not less as they are schoolers. good luck.

Upvote 0

MacZ

60 P? Im not sure if thats a typo or what but the dimensions you typed in suggest that you have a 20 gallon tall or close.

The dimensions boil down to a standard 60 liter tank, so 15 gallons. So the tank couldn't support more than 3 Otos if it was covered in aufwuchs.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Bettatakeover
Replies
Views
LHAquatics
  • Question
Replies
Views