Stocking Ideas For 60 Litre.

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by GabrielParker, Aug 23, 2019.

1. GabrielParker

GabrielParkerValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +12
    Hi my name is Gabriel. I've got a 28 litre and a 60 litre tank. In my 60 litre I've got four male guppies, 5 harlequin rasboras, 3 phantom tetras, 3 peppered corydoras and one amano shrimp. I'm going to get another one or two amano shrimp but I was wondering if I could get cherry shrimp and/or crystal shrimp. Would the guppies be OK with them as they dont bother the amano? Could I also get some neon tetras or Zebra danios and more Cory's or is that really overstocked?

Also forgot to say I'm new to forums, so hi.

2. fishpersonallday

fishpersonalldayNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +6
    Experience:
    2 years
    I would just stop there. Already overstocked but as long as it's cleaned regularly you will not have a problem.

3. OP
    OP
    GabrielParker

Ratings:
    +12
    OK thanks. I'm getting a 105 litre soon and will move the rasboras, tetras, Cory's and amano in there. Got to wait a few months though.

I've got a 60 litre tank that's got 2 honey gourami and a red robin gourami. I'm wondering about adding 2-3 platys and 1 molly. Is this OK. Will add nerite snails as well.

I've got a 60 litre with a red robin gourami and two honey gourami. I'm wanting to get 2-3 platys and a molly. Is this OK?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2019
  4. fishpersonallday

fishpersonalldayNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +6
    Experience:
    2 years
    Mollies can be aggressive but it should be ok. Keep an eye on the gourami though because they may show aggression in the future. They could also pick on the fish coming in. A lot of the time (my experience) They want to show dominance when they are the first added in a tank. This can work but be cautious.

Don't add anymore than what you want, It will be stocked enough. Keep up with cleaning lol.

5. jinjerJOSH22

jinjerJOSH22Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +116
    Experience:
    1 year
    I think Red Robin is a Honey Gourami, so you should be fine, they're relatively peaceful for Gourami. I wouldn't add a Dwarf as they're aggressive.

6. OP
    OP
    GabrielParker

Ratings:
    +12
    OK. Always thought red robin were dwarfs but that's nice to know. Thank you for the feedback.

7. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

Ratings:
    +11,752
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Most gouramis that are sold as Red Robin or Red honeys are in fact T.labiosa (thick lipped)

8. OP
    OP
    GabrielParker

Ratings:
    +12
    So they're not the same thing?

Become a Fishlore Member