Stocking Ideas For 60 Litre.

GabrielParker

HI my name is Gabriel. I've got a 28 litre and a 60 litre tank. In my 60 litre I've got four male guppies, 5 harlequin rasboras, 3 phantom tetras, 3 peppered corydoras and one amano shrimp. I'm going to get another one or two amano shrimp but I was wondering if I could get cherry shrimp and/or crystal shrimp. Would the guppies be OK with them as they don't bother the amano? Could I also get some neon tetras or Zebra danios and more Cory's or is that really overstocked?

Also forgot to say I'm new to forums, so hi.

So I'm new to this forum and a few months into the tropical fish hobby. I have a 28 litre and a 50-60 litre tank. In the 60 litre I have 4 male guppies, 5 harlequin rasbora, 3 phantom tetra, 3 peppered Cory's and 1 amano shrimp. I'm thinking about getting cherry shrimp and/or crystal shrimp and maybe another amano. In terms of fish I'm debating about getting 5 neon tetras and another 1 or two guppies. Is that really overstocked? I'd also like to get some more Cory's. Albino Cory's maybe. Thank you.

e_watson09

Fishlore VIP
Welcome!

I do believe you are already overstocked. I would not add anymore fish. That's about a 15 gallon tank, most of the fish you have need a 20-29g tank or larger as a minimum.

OP
GabrielParker

GabrielParker

OK. Thank you. I'm wanting to get a 20 gallon within the next few months so I will move them into it.

OP
GabrielParker

GabrielParker

OK thanks. I'm getting a 105 litre soon and will move the rasboras, tetras, Cory's and amano in there. Got to wait a few months though.

I've got a 60 litre tank that's got 2 honey gouramI and a red robin gourami. I'm wondering about adding 2-3 platys and 1 molly. Is this OK. Will add nerite snails as well.

I've got a 60 litre with a red robin gouramI and two honey gourami. I'm wanting to get 2-3 platys and a molly. Is this OK?

fishpersonallday

Mollies can be aggressive but it should be ok. Keep an eye on the gouramI though because they may show aggression in the future. They could also pick on the fish coming in. A lot of the time (my experience) They want to show dominance when they are the first added in a tank. This can work but be cautious.

Don't add anymore than what you want, It will be stocked enough. Keep up with cleaning lol.

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known
I think Red Robin is a Honey Gourami, so you should be fine, they're relatively peaceful for Gourami. I wouldn't add a Dwarf as they're aggressive.

OP
GabrielParker

GabrielParker

OK. Always thought red robin were dwarfs but that's nice to know. Thank you for the feedback.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
GabrielParker said:
OK. Always thought red robin were dwarfs but that's nice to know. Thank you for the feedback.
Most gouramis that are sold as Red Robin or Red honeys are in fact T.labiosa (thick lipped)

New Threads