Help Stocking Ideas For 6.5 Gal Semi Hex

Frankieflowaz

Reaction score
I was thinking a single betta would only be possible but wanting to see other cool ideas that would work?
I'm going to add 2 moss balls and somekind of plant for the middle is the plan and a black or blue background

15557815108502115733796.jpg

AngryRainbow

Well Known
Reaction score
I have no experience with them, and you'd probably need to do more research to see if this is correct. But I ~think~ sparkling gouramI can be kept in anything above 5 gallons.

Crazycoryfishlady

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Omg I saw the coolest loaches yesterday! If I head to my lfs again today I'll show you them, they're nano loaches and super cute!
My store has a little specialized nano tank section and it's awesome, some fish include the galaxy rasboras, a sparkling gouramI or two would look cool, endlers, chilI rasboras
Shrimps and more shrimps!
Maybe a single cpo or dwarf crayfish
There's also a micro fish and 5 gallon section on the forums somewhere that could help you get ideas of what to stock.

OP
Frankieflowaz

Frankieflowaz

Reaction score
Update on tank look ima eventually mix my gravel w my old tank so gets some BB in there but looking for a betta 1st that gets my eye and also come plants
0420191840.jpg
0420191841.jpg

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Frankieflowaz said:
Update on tank look ima eventually mix my gravel w my old tank so gets some BB in there but looking for a betta 1st that gets my eye and also come plants
0420191840.jpg
0420191841.jpg
It'd be easier and faster to just take media from your established filter as there really isn't a lot of BB in the substrate.

OP
Frankieflowaz

Frankieflowaz

Reaction score
Fahn said:
It'd be easier and faster to just take media from your established filter as there really isn't a lot of BB in the substrate.
The established media is large filter pads won't fit in the 6.5gal very small filter

OP
Frankieflowaz

Frankieflowaz

Reaction score
I wanted a betta but lifespan is 3-5 yrs any fish can go in my tank that lives longer?

OP
Frankieflowaz

Frankieflowaz

Reaction score
How about a single tiger barb lol? Or 2? Hmm soemthing differernt ideas? Just spitballing ..is it possible?

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Frankieflowaz said:
The established media is large filter pads won't fit in the 6.5gal very small filter
Scissors are a thing

Frankieflowaz said:
I wanted a betta but lifespan is 3-5 yrs any fish can go in my tank that lives longer?
That's average for most aquarium fish to be honest.

Frankieflowaz said:
How about a single tiger barb lol? Or 2? Hmm soemthing differernt ideas? Just spitballing ..is it possible?
Tiger barbs need a 20 gallon minimum, even a single tiger barb can grow to over 3 inches.

I highly suggest a small group of dwarf emerald rasbora:

Colorful, active, and they stay under an inch long.

OP
Frankieflowaz

Frankieflowaz

Reaction score
To cycle this tank woth gravel or decor from my other tank how do I feed the BB till I get a fish if I put that stuff in my new tank?

Donovan Jones

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Just throw something in to root and make ammonia. You could do a colony of heterandria Formosa. There's a ton on aquabid right now.

New Threads