Stocking Ideas For 6.5 Gal Semi Hex Help

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Frankieflowaz, Apr 20, 2019.

1. FrankieflowazValued MemberMember

I was thinking a single beta would only be possible but wanting to see other cool ideas that would work?
    Im going to add 2 moss balls and somekind of plant for the middle is the plan and a black or blue background

15557815108502115733796.jpg

2. AngryRainbowValued MemberMember

I have no experience with them, and you'd probably need to do more research to see if this is correct. But I ~think~ sparkling gourami can be kept in anything above 5 gallons.

3. FahnFishlore VIPMember

You could always do pea puffers, or some microrasboras.

4. FeohwWell Known MemberMember

I like endlers, pea puffers, microrasbora, african dwarf frogs, betta and galaxy rasbora.

5. CrazycoryfishladyWell Known MemberMember

Omg I saw the coolest loaches yesterday! If I head to my lfs again today I'll show you them, they're nano loaches and super cute!
    My store has a little specialized nano tank section and it's awesome, some fish include the galaxy rasboras, a sparkling gourami or two would look cool, endlers, chili rasboras
    Shrimps and more shrimps!
    Maybe a single cpo or dwarf crayfish
    There's also a micro fish and 5 gallon section on the forums somewhere that could help you get ideas of what to stock.

6. FrankieflowazValued MemberMember

Update on tank look ima eventually mix my gravel w my old tank so gets some BB in there but looking for a beta 1st that gets my eye and also come plants 0420191840.jpg0420191841.jpg

7. FahnFishlore VIPMember

It'd be easier and faster to just take media from your established filter as there really isn't a lot of BB in the substrate.

8. FrankieflowazValued MemberMember

The established media is large filter pads :( won't fit in the 6.5gal very small filter

9. FrankieflowazValued MemberMember

I wanted a beta but lifespan is 3-5 yrs :( any fish can go in my tank that lives longer?

10. FrankieflowazValued MemberMember

How about a single tiger barb lol? Or 2? Hmm soemthing differernt ideas? Just spitballing ..is it possible?

11. FahnFishlore VIPMember

Scissors are a thing ;)

That's average for most aquarium fish to be honest.

Tiger barbs need a 20 gallon minimum, even a single tiger barb can grow to over 3 inches.

I highly suggest a small group of dwarf emerald rasbora:

Colorful, active, and they stay under an inch long.

12. FrankieflowazValued MemberMember

To cycle this tank woth gravel or decor from my other tank how do i feed the BB till i get a fish if i put that stuff in my new tank?

13. Donovan JonesValued MemberMember

Just throw something in to root and make ammonia. You could do a colony of heterandria Formosa. There's a ton on aquabid right now.