Stocking Ideas for 55 gallon

becky90m

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have a 55 gallon that I started about 5 months and I have had this setup for a little while. I was thinking of adding more fish.

2 lyretail mollys
2 guppies
5 panda cories
2 german blue rams
1 swordtails
1 bristlenose pleco

I am going for a peaceful community. My rams are not aggressive. They were territorial at first but not so much anymore.
However they do nip at smaller fish. My guppy just gave birth (this was not intentional) to 30 fry and the GBR attacked the fry (I removed all fry to another tank)

Any recommendations? How many more fish can I add before I reach max capacity?
I might add more corys if you think I have room. If I were to add more, do you think I could add another corydoras species such as the julii or sterbai or should i stick with all pandas?

NickGNz

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I’d add more Corys, probably up the school to 10. You could add some more guppy’s although they’ll likely do that for you. I’d do a school of tetras as well.

Otocinclus13

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Just curious, what temp do you have the tank set at? GBR usually need 82 degrees minimum to be healthy long-term, and panda cories ideally need low to mid 70s. You might want to tweak your current stock first to maintain healthy fish long term, then we can help you add on.

AquaticQueen

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Is it possible to rehome either the cory's or the GBRs? They aren't temp compatable. GBRs like thrive at temps of about 84 degrees and panda corys like about 72-75 degrees. If you rehomed the pandas you could do sterbai corys instead. They can live in the high temps the GBRs need.

I would increase the number of guppies, molly, and swordtail to about 3-4 to give them a few companions.

New Threads