stocking ideas for 35 gallon Question

1. guppyking Initiate Member

i have 35 gallon tank and wondering if it will hold these stock and they get on fine
    : 1 or 2 longnose hawkfish 2 clowns 2 neon gobys flame angel or yellow tang
    inverts: 1 mitrax 1 skunk cleaner 5 hermits 1 decor crab a linka star pistol shrimp and mabey a clam
    corals: sps all sorts and soft leather zoas and hammer coral
    i have i t8 marine white and one t8 marine blue light a filter for 40 gallon and lots live rock for hideing ect

2. guppyking Initiate Member

Attached Files:

3. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Comments in green.

Unfortunately, you don't have enough lighting to keep corals right now. I'd suggest looking into a high output T5 strip light, unless you want to go with metal halide. You may want to go with MH if you want some of the more demanding SPS corals.

4. nemo addict Well Known Member Member

only one hawkfish should be kept unless bought in a mated pair ,, The tang is a big no as they require a larger tank , a 35 is to small to keep 2 neon gobys so only one should be kept , the flame angel is also ok along with the clowns the starfish and decorator crab i would leave off for a while as they are hard to keep and dont like swings in water conditons and is a new tank you will get swings until its matured

5. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Appreciate the correction. :)
    I was under the impression that they were pretty peaceful with each other, but I'm betting you have more experience than I do.