Stocking Ideas For 20 Gallon? Which Colorful Fish?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Allan Mach, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Allan Mach

Allan MachNew MemberMember

I have 2 male neon gourami (very docile actually,) I had emerald Cory but had to give them back because they need at least a 30 gallon, I had 2 mollies but one was very aggressive so am going to give those away as well, but I need ideas for colorful tropical fish that have a small bio load (preferably) I have a 70 rated aquaclear and do 25% water changes weekly, so I can afford a bit of overstocking.

2. Mr.Mang09

Mr.Mang09Valued MemberMember

You should not have 2 dwarf gourami males together in my opinion, even if they don’t fight now.Although in your tank they might’ve just both figured out there territory.You could go with a schoal of a smaller corydora. Maybe get a school of some tetra or rasbora.

3. Discus-Tang

Discus-TangWell Known MemberMember

4. Paulsz

PaulszValued MemberMember

You could get some Panda cories, or maybe some kuhli loaches as bottom dwellers. Get 6 of them (just one though. Can't have both).

You could probably also add a killifish to the tank. Nice and colourful

5. keeperofmanyponds

keeperofmanypondsValued MemberMember

I am stocking mine with 12 ottos and a betta fish. Seems like they do better than my guppies in there. I would say for color do platies or endlers!!! They seem tough, but make sure you have the tank covered because they jump!!!