Stocking Ideas For 20 Gallon? Which Colorful Fish? 20 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Allan Mach, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Allan MachNew MemberMember

I have 2 male neon gourami (very docile actually,) I had emerald Cory but had to give them back because they need at least a 30 gallon, I had 2 mollies but one was very aggressive so am going to give those away as well, but I need ideas for colorful tropical fish that have a small bio load (preferably) I have a 70 rated aquaclear and do 25% water changes weekly, so I can afford a bit of overstocking.

2. Mr.Mang09Valued MemberMember

You should not have 2 dwarf gourami males together in my opinion, even if they don’t fight now.Although in your tank they might’ve just both figured out there territory.You could go with a schoal of a smaller corydora. Maybe get a school of some tetra or rasbora.

3. Discus-Tang

Discus-TangWell Known MemberMember

4. Paulsz

PaulszValued MemberMember

You could get some Panda cories, or maybe some kuhli loaches as bottom dwellers. Get 6 of them (just one though. Can't have both).

You could probably also add a killifish to the tank. Nice and colourful

5. keeperofmanyponds

keeperofmanypondsValued MemberMember

I am stocking mine with 12 ottos and a betta fish. Seems like they do better than my guppies in there. I would say for color do platies or endlers!!! They seem tough, but make sure you have the tank covered because they jump!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice