Stocking Ideas For 11 Gallon (50 Litre) Question

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by mintfossil, Apr 10, 2018.

1. mintfossil

mintfossilNew MemberMember

Hi everyone,

I’m planning and saving for a new 50 litre tank and I know I definitely want a dwarf gourami, just a single one as I know 11 gallons isn’t enough for a pair.

What tank mates could go with this male gourami? I was thinking 5-6 neon tetras, cardinal tetras or some kind of cory but any advice would be loved!

I can’t get any bigger than the tank I plan to get as I live at home and only have permission to get small tanks. As much as I would love to get a 200 litre!

Thanks!!

2. Carlthefishnotthelama

CarlthefishnotthelamaValued MemberMember

i personally would not get a dwarf gourami in that small of a tank, 20 gallons at least IMO.

3. Mary765

Mary765Well Known MemberMember

50l is closer to 12.5 gallons by the way :D

I think you could have a dwarf gourami in there so long as there are lots and lots of hiding places for your other fish! Neon tetra aren't reccomended for a 10g (or 12.5) but green neon tetra are! Snoop around all your lfs and see if they sell green neon tetra!

4. fishandle

fishandleValued MemberMember

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice