Stocking Ideas... Again

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by ASHLEY R COOK, Apr 16, 2018.

1. ASHLEY R COOK

ASHLEY R COOK Valued Member Member

Ok I've posted a couple times trying to wrap my head around what I want and my hubby wants and what would actual be healthy and safe for the fish and invertebrates.
    Well I wanted a cichlid but we really wanted to have those adorable pom pom crabs and I don't want them to get eaten. So no angel or apistos then.
    My hubby pointed out all the fish he liked. (He knows nothing about fish. Just that they look cool or cute)
    I decided mollies might be fun to have out of all the ones he liked.
    I'm not gonna separate the fry. If some make it, cool. If not, that's cool too.
    Still gonna have a group of 6 cories. I will decide which cories when I have my other stocking locked in.
    Ok since no cichlid I'm racking my brain thinking if I want another fish type.
    Maybe a center piece like gourami.
    Maybe some guppies.
    Maybe just stick with more mollies.
    Idk... My head hurts. Lmao!

2. david1978

david1978 Fishlore VIP Member

To have fish with the pom poms its going to be tough deciding since they could so easily become a snack or will just hide and you will never see them. Personally for the price of them i probably would set up a small tank and scape it out just for them that way they would be out and about more.

3. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Mollies might bother/eat the pom pom crabs. Gouramis might too. Anything that can fit the crab in its mouth is a risk.

What's the number one thing you want? Mollies or the crab?

The crab would likely be fine with peaceful, schooling nano fish like microrasbora.

What size tank is this?

4. OP
    OP
    ASHLEY R COOK

Aw. Ok. So if we want pom pom crabs we should do a separate tank with them. Ok. I'll let him know! Looks like I'm gonna be getting a small tank in the future... hahaha

5. OP
    OP
    ASHLEY R COOK

It's a 37 gal. I don't want to risk the crabs safety so I'll probably do a species tank or a nano tank or a shrimp/crab tank. Idk I have a long while yo think and rack my brain on that one. Right now I'll just stick with stocking my 37 gal!

6. OP
    OP
    ASHLEY R COOK

I agree. We both want them but we don't want them to be any expensive fish meal. So we'll put crabs on hold.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice