Stocking ideas 180 litre

Siobhan007

Hi!
I currently have a Juwel 180 litre community planted aquarium, and wanted to find out what else you guys think I can pop in.

My current stock is ....

X4 Rummy nose tetra (want to increase to 10)
X10 Neon tetra
X4 ma guppies
X1 Hillstream loach
3 cherry shrimp ( want to increase to 10)
X5 Cory Dora
X2 zebra snails

I’d like a nice centre piece fish that work well in my current community.

I have attached a pic too!

Attachments

• 886DB86E-B6E6-4266-9B41-8FA7BDCEB7B6.jpeg
    886DB86E-B6E6-4266-9B41-8FA7BDCEB7B6.jpeg
    179.8 KB · Views: 27

Siobhan007

Ahh thank you! I was warned against angels incase they ate the tetra lol xx

Upvote 0

ProudPapa

A small group of pearl gouramis, with females outnumbering males, would be a good option. (I have 9 of them in a 40 gallon breeder tank, but some are still juveniles, so I'm not sure how it's going to work when they all reach maturity.)

Upvote 0

Siobhan007

Yes I was looking at Gouramis! Are they generally a good community fish? They’re stunning to look at too x

Upvote 0

ProudPapa

Yes I was looking at Gouramis! Are they generally a good community fish? They’re stunning to look at too x

Behavior differs quite a bit between gourami species. Honey gouramis are probably the most peaceful of the commonly kept species, followed by pearl gouramis. I have two species of tetra along with a school of corydoras in the tank with my pearls and they ignore each other.

Three-spot gouramis (blue, gold, and opaline) are usually more aggressive, and dwarf gouramis are probably the most aggressive. They can't usually be kept in groups, and some will even attack other tank mates and must be kept alone.

Upvote 0

Siobhan007

Thank you! I’ve o my just seen this message! We opted with honey gourami in the end. Two girls and a boy to start off with. Xx

Upvote 0

jinjerJOSH22

Thank you! I’ve o my just seen this message! We opted with honey gourami in the end. Two girls and a boy to start off with. Xx
Hi, I would love to see pictures.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Basil
  • Question
Replies
Views
NofishB4
  • Question