Stocking idea for 55

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by 173ABN, Jul 28, 2015.

1. 173ABN

173ABN Valued Member Member

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a 55 gallon complete setup with LED lights, canister filter, heater, ect. The tank will cycle quickly as it still has fish in it and the guy is giving the gravel in the package (as well as what's in the filter) as well. My idea for a community tank is as follows:
    Golden Angel
    6 male guppies
    6 zebra danios
    6 harlequin rasboras
    6 corys (not bronchis)

Thoughts? Suggestions? Keep suggestions affordable, lol.

2. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

How big is the angel? Angels have been known to eat anything that fits in their mouths. I'm afraid your danios and rasboras may become fair game.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. kidster9700

kidster9700 Well Known Member Member

honestly, i think that the angel will be fine. you're more likely to have fin nipping be an issue than actually having it eat another fish.

4. OP
    OP
    173ABN

Haven't purchased anything yet. Will buy it as small as possible and it will be the last to go in. I know they can be aggressive.

Hoping that the other schooling fish will be fast enough to not be easy prey. I know angels are slower swimmers and like to chill

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2015
  5. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Zebra danios need cooler temperatures than the Angels so I'd leave those out & up the number of harlequins & have one of the larger species of tetras such as diamond or bleeding hearts instead of the guppies.
    You could have a ram or gourami & for the corys sterbai would be good as they can handle the higher temperature & are easily sourced.

It depends on the angel, they all have different personalities, mine live quite peacefully with black neons.
    The danios would be more likely to nip the angel.

6. OP
    OP
    173ABN

New idea, pearl gourami, 6 turquoise rainbows, 10 harlequin rasboras, and a redtail shark. How would the rasboras fair in with those bigger fish?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  7. kidster9700

kidster9700 Well Known Member Member

I don't know about the rainbows, but since the shark will be on the bottom and the harlequins are more mid-top, I think it'll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

8. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

I would say that is fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice