Stocking Idea For 125g Tank- Thoughts?

Zach72202

6x - Geophagus Sveni
24x - Denison Barbs (Roseline Shark)

I just thought this up, and looking up images of these fish, I feel like this combination would look amazing. I have really no intentions of doing a tank like this, but I feel the simplicity and color would look amazing.

A nice stump on one side of the tank with some Anubias growing up it. Dwarf Water Lettuce on the top of the tank, Amazon Swords along the back, natural tan sand substrate and some dwarf aquarium lily's. I feel this would give a very peaceful tank with good activity and beauty. If I were to do a tank for a living room and I had the space, I think I would definitely consider this.

86 ssinit

A 125 is a large tank that just about anything can be done in. You could take your community tank and just make it that much bigger. So many options you just have to decide what you’d prefer. Sounds like you’ve got a good plan already. Maybe add a few severums.

Upvote 0

MandutheAxolotl

6x - Geophagus Sveni
24x - Denison Barbs (Roseline Shark)

I just thought this up, and looking up images of these fish, I feel like this combination would look amazing. I have really no intentions of doing a tank like this, but I feel the simplicity and color would look amazing.

A nice stump on one side of the tank with some Anubias growing up it. Dwarf Water Lettuce on the top of the tank, Amazon Swords along the back, natural tan sand substrate and some dwarf aquarium lily's. I feel this would give a very peaceful tank with good activity and beauty. If I were to do a tank for a living room and I had the space, I think I would definitely consider this.
I personally have always wanted Blood Parrot Cichlids, but never had the space. In my opinion, I would suggest stocking it with several Blood Parrot Cichlids, and like 4 Jack Dempseys. Maybe even a Bichir! But for Bichirs don't put them with the cichlids. Bichirs are really cool but they can be pestered easily but fin nipping fish like Jack Dempseys. Needlenose gars are pretty cool, but you can't put them with any small fish. For Needlenose gars, you would have to get fish that can defend themselves. Discus could be another option, if your looking for a challenge, but that would be taking it 2 steps ahead. Or maybe some larger cichlids. There are so many different options. I've always wanted a 125 gallon also.

Upvote 0

noobscaper

I was going to recommend Geos before I saw the first thing you wrote
Love them! Definitely my dream fish.

Upvote 0

Zach72202

I know I could really do a lot as a community tank in a 125, but I have a 75 currently that's a community and it drives me insane. To me a community tank can mean two things. One is a catchall for 25 different species of fish and looks like a mess, then the other is 2 or 3 species of fish. That mesh well and looks more natural.

My current 75 is the catchall and I am planning on getting other tanks "simplify" it.

I really do want to try some geophagus, but I will be moving my spotted Congo Puffers into the 75 once I can move these other fish. I might have to get some roseline sharks.

In addition to this, I should be getting a tank with a 72x24 footprint this summer for the Mbu Puffer, so depending on his personality, I think I'll have to do the geophagus and sharks in there

Upvote 0

MandutheAxolotl

I know I could really do a lot as a community tank in a 125, but I have a 75 currently that's a community and it drives me insane. To me a community tank can mean two things. One is a catchall for 25 different species of fish and looks like a mess, then the other is 2 or 3 species of fish. That mesh well and looks more natural.

My current 75 is the catchall and I am planning on getting other tanks "simplify" it.

I really do want to try some geophagus, but I will be moving my spotted Congo Puffers into the 75 once I can move these other fish. I might have to get some roseline sharks.

In addition to this, I should be getting a tank with a 72x24 footprint this summer for the Mbu Puffer, so depending on his personality, I think I'll have to do the geophagus and sharks in there
Omg Mbu Puffers are so dope!! I want one so bad, but I don't have the space. The personality in puffer fish are insanely diverse.

Upvote 0

Zach72202

Omg Mbu Puffers are so dope!! I want one so bad, but I don't have the space. The personality in puffer fish are insanely diverse.
Yeah I wish I could get mine the 10'x4' tank he deserves, but I have a few years until that, he was a rescue. I hope in time I can do a tank that size with stocking like this!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
natalia1468
Replies
Views
Hemikyle
Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies