Stocking Hypothetical Tanks

2006fuzz

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have severe MTS. I currently have 3 empty tanks and a vague idea of what to do with them but I'm looking for help to narrow down exactly what Im looking at stocking wise.

5 gallon planted;
breeding pair of CPOs*
-looking for a fish, maybe glofish danios

10 gallon woodscape
group of male cobra guppies*
-looking for a bottom dweller/catfish. was thinking a bristlenose pleco but want to know what else is our there that could fit in here.

2.5 gallon bare/sand bottom
-was thinking of making it a hospital tank?

*fish I am 100% stocking.

Any ideas I'm open too, although I'm looking for specific colors to contrast what I already have in other tanks

Wobbegong

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I don't think any of those would work, glofish danios need a minimum of 10 gallon and they need a school. One dwarf crayfish could be ok in 5 gallon but not 2. A bristle nose pleco would be better in a 20 gallon, plecos make a lot of waste are not good in small tanks. 2.5 gallons is way to small for any schooling fish, in a tank that small the ammonia can rise to a lethal amount in a really short amount of time.

Albifrons

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I agree with the post above, almost all of the fish you're thinking of getting need bigger tanks. Here is a different stocking for the tanks if you want some other options:

5 Gallon Planted:
-a pair of sparkling gourami w/ shrimp
-a betta with shrimp if the betta is compatible
-a single Mexican dwarf crayfish

10 Gallon Woodscape:
-group of male cobra guppies (these could work but spjust make sure not to have any females)
-endlers livebearers
-anything on the 5 Gallon list
-a nano scape with a small school of chili Rasboras and nothing else besides shrimp

2.5 Gallon:
-pretty much just shrimp, I wouldn't even house a betta in a 2.5 gallon

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom