Stocking Help?

yasfish

Reaction score
Hello,

I am aware that stocking situations are highly specific and there's tons of variables that can affect the stocking predicaments of every tank. I'm just wanting opinions on the current stocking of my tank (whether good or bad) so I can make it the best situation possible for my fish.

I have a 65 gallon tall cycled tank. I keep it about 78 degrees. It has gravel substrate, decorations, and some moss balls.

It is stocked with:

2 juvenile veiled angelfish
3 sunset platys and 1 redwag platy
6 zebra danios
5 green cory cats

My main question is: is this overstocked, just right, or understocked?

Everyone gets along just fine. They've all been in there together around a month. I introduced them all in increments in a span of about two weeks. I feed them regular tropical fish flakes and then throw in some freeze-dried bloodworms for the angelfish and the corys.

Thanks for any help!

Jenoli42

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I'm not familiar with the temperature compatibility of some of your fish, and it does matter which species of cory you have. I suggest checking out Aqadvisor website which can do temp compatibility and give you a general idea on your bio load. keep in mind that it is a computer that doesnt take into account all the variables...but it's helpful.

AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor

my only suggestion is for you to have at least 6 cories of the same species for them to be happy...and i bet you have enough stocking capacity

keep in mind that they DO breed... but your angel fish and others are likely to eat the eggs as tasty omelettes...still, it's exciting when you find cory egg clutches

FlipFlopFishFlake

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You aren't overstocked, however, there is some stocking issues, namely the zebra danios prefer cooler water than the angelfish, and the school of cories should be upped (I would go for 2 or 3 more, you have the room) and cories really prefer sand or very fine gravel. What specific species of cory do you mean? Green could refer to bronze corydoras, emerald green corydoras (which actually are a brochis species, not a corydora) the green gold cory, etc, and some may or may not be temperature compatible.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom