Stocking Help!!

Reyad Abu-Shaaban

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
hey people! I have a 36 gallon tank and I currently have 6 danios 4 zebra and 2 luminous, I also have 3 platties, and one silver molly. I would like to get an angelfish, the tank is deep so I don’t think it’s an issue a few tetras and a dwarf Gourami maybe guppies as well. Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Iridium_2256

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
What is your filtration on the tank? angels like impeccably clean water, so the more filtration the better

Iridium_2256

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Yeah, That should work. Your glowlight danios should also be in a proper school of 5, but even if you get 3 more that should still be enough space for a single angel. My favorite types are koi, chocolate and marbles.

FriarThomasIII

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I would rehome the glowing danios and get a school of corydoras, maybe the bronze kind? They make excellent scavengers and are always peaceful and moving.

Iridium_2256

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Angelfish are also considered semi-aggressive and will get much larger than a dwarf gourami. My female used to keep everything-even my pictus cats- On the other side of the tank when she laid eggs! As long as you get the Angel bigger than the dwarf gourami, you shouldn't have a problem. Bronze cories are also nice, you should get a school of about 6 of them to make them active and happy.

Reyad Abu-Shaaban

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I feel that the luminous danios are getting along well with the others they are always swimming around playfully do you guys think it’s an issue? I have a blue led setup for nighttime so they really do pop. And thanks for all the suggestions I will go to a lfs today and look in person at your choices

Iridium_2256

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sometimes you get situations where shoaling species will shoal with others. Occasionally my zebra loaches will shoal with my clown loaches. If your danios are healthy and active and school with the zebras, you don't need to remove them. It is recommended for a school of 5, so in the future that will improve their quality of life. I wouldnt do the cories if you keep them though.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom