Stocking Help Needed!

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Darkly_Innocent, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Darkly_Innocent

Darkly_InnocentNew MemberMember

I'm planning on upgrading my male Betta from his 5.5g to a 10g!

In the 10, I would like to add some Neon Tetras and some Cory Cats. How many of each would be a good number to go along with my Betta? I know both of those need to be in groups. Also, can you mix the Cory Cats color mutations or is it best to just stick with one type?

Doing that will free up my 5.5g so I'm planning on starting up an invert only tank! I was hoping to have my three favorite types in there together. Snails (Nerite), Shrimp (Cherry), and frogs (African Dwarf). I'm hoping those three can work together peacefully and was wanting to know the stocking suggestions for them? I'm thinking 1 or 2 snails, 6 shrimp, and 2 to 3 frogs?

2. Al913

Al913Fishlore VIPMember

So neons need a 20 gallon tank and aren't temp compatible with Bettas. Bettas need 78-80F while the neons are best in lower 70s, <74F.

No type of cory can go in a 10 gallon, this is due to the fact that you need 6, even the dwarf types don't work due to their activity level.

If keeping fish with betta you should have at least a 20 gallon tank.

3. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeperFishlore VIPMember

Agreed with above! If I were you, I would make some shrimp (depending the betta's temperament) or snails.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  4. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

I agree with Al and aquatickeeper.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice