Stocking Help, Need Approval.

1. blake e

blake e New Member Member

Hello everyone! Just joined this forum a few days ago and so far everyone has been great at answering all my questions, so once again I will thank all of you :)

so I'm coming back with another stocking question, I got a few stocking lists from people but no one really had some of these fish in here and I was wondering how much of each of these I could have in there (if I can have some of them..) and if I'd be able to have these ones. Sooo just if anyone could make changes to this or approve of it, I'd greatly appreciate it because I'm not the best with this stuff. Here is my list (55g tank btw):

• 6 Dwarf neon rainbow fish
    • 12 different kind of cories
    • any type of pleco (not sure which ones I can have, if any)
    • 2-5 angels (not sure how many, but the guy I watched had 5, I think it was overstocked)
    • Rummy nose tetras or any other type of schooling fish (not sure how many)

I am also open to anything else, if I have to add, change, or take out some, but this is just what I saw a YouTuber doing and I liked the tank. Thanks again :)

2. MattS99

MattS99 Well Known Member Member

You need to keep the same type of cories if you want a school of them.

3. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

2 Anglefish
    1 EBA
    8 Praecox Rainbow
    10 Rummynose Tetra
    12-14 Sterbai Corys or Emerald Corys or Bronze Corys
    1 Clown Pleco or Green Phantom Pleco

or

2 Anglefish
    2 German Blue Rams
    10 Praecox Rainbow
    12 Rummynose Tetra
    12 Sterbai corys or Emerald or Bronze corys
    1 Clown Pleco or Green Phantom Pleco

4. kayla.s

kayla.s Well Known Member Member

I would only do 2 angels in a 55g. The other fish all sound good, but I'd recommend that with the corys, either get all the same, or 6 of 1 type and 6 of another. In my experience I've had one cory similis that schooled with my bronzes, though I know that it may not always work and it's best to play it safe :)

5. OP
    OP
    blake e

Alright thanks everyone, Jesse would there be no way I could have the rainbow?

Oops forgot to quote yall
    So I think I am going to do the 2 angelfish, 2 German blue rams, 10 praecox, 12 rummynose, then maybe 6 Sterbai cories and 6 bronze, and then the green phantom pleco, would that work? and could I possibly make it 14 rummynose or no?

And also, what type of water would I need for those (soft, hard, etc), what PH, and what temp should I have it at?

6. kayla.s

kayla.s Well Known Member Member

A bit of a temperature incompatibility with the cories and rams there... rams need around 28°C and the cories are more around 25°... try find a species of cory with a high temperature requirement. I will admit that I have a few temp incompatibilities in my tank, (rainbow shark and GBR) but it seems Okay. I keep the tank at around 26-27 :)

7. Samuel97

Samuel97 Well Known Member Member

I really would suggest getting all the same cory. The bigger the group the better they fair and a group of 10-12 will be much happier than 6 of each. If you want variation both bronze and albino are c.aeneus and school together.

12 rummy nose is fine, honestly you will kick yourself for over stocking if the tank starts looking overly busy. Stock slowly and choicefully, that way you get a tank you will enjoy for a long time. Fish get much bigger than you see them in your fish stores.

8. JesseMoreira06

Sterbai Corys and Bronze Corys are temp compatible with GBR , they will thrive all the way up to 82F.

9. JesseMoreira06

Praecox Rainbow is the same as dwarf neon rainbow fish.

IMO with only 2 larger fish up top you have the room to put 14 Rummynose Tetras but I would start slowly and then take it from there.

also wouldn't recommend getting two schools of Corys, it's best to get one large school.

10. BottomDweller

BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

You could mix bronz and albino cories as they are the same fish just different colours.

I would do this
    2 Angels
    2 GBR
    1 Clown pleco
    8 Boesemanis rainbows (dwarf neons do better in cooler water)
    10-12 rummynose tetras or cherry barbs
    15 Bronze and/or albino cories

11. JesseMoreira06

Just curious why is that ? Dwarf Neons experience temps in their natural habitat of an average of 28c or 82F almost all year long?

12. OP
    OP
    blake e

13. OP
    OP
    blake e