Stocking help + ideas for 29 gallon

Adam510

So I have a 29 gallon high tank with these current tank mates:
1 male betta
5 julii Cory
8 neon tetra
2 platy (1 juvenile)
And a good amount of amano / cherry shrimp

I want to fill my tank more cause I know I have lots of room left for fish but I don’t know what I should do.

I think I want to get a couple more julii Cory but besides that I’m not sure what else.

What are good species that could live with my current tank mates? I was thinking of possibly hillstream loaches? Maybe 2 of them but then I think I’d still want some other stuff too. Any ideas of fish I could look into that would work with my current ones would be greatly appreciated.

PlantedCommunityTank132

So I have a 29 gallon high tank with these current tank mates:
1 male betta
5 julii Cory
8 neon tetra
2 platy (1 juvenile)
And a good amount of amano / cherry shrimp

I want to fill my tank more cause I know I have lots of room left for fish but I don’t know what I should do.

I think I want to get a couple more julii Cory but besides that I’m not sure what else.

What are good species that could live with my current tank mates? I was thinking of possibly hillstream loaches? Maybe 2 of them but then I think I’d still want some other stuff too. Any ideas of fish I could look into that would work with my current ones would be greatly appreciated.
I would personally just add more of the species that are already in the tank. for example, more neons, making it a bigger school that would probably look cool

Adam510

I would personally just add more of the species that are already in the tank. for example, more neons, making it a bigger school that would probably look cool
Do you say that because you don’t think I have enough room to add more or because it would make my tank look better?

Noroomforshoe

I agree with getting more of the same, the neons and the cories would be happier and more active in larger schools. I think you could get 4-6 more of the neons, 4-6 more of the cories. I would not add loaches, you may have heard that hill streams can be kept is 2s or 3s, but I personally beleive that is just a myth to sell the expensive fish, as not everyone wants to pay the price for a proper school, so they tell people that they dont need to be in a school!" but they are very social tightly grouping fish , If you take the suggestion on building the schools that you already have, You wont have room for another school. You could add a clown or bristelnose, or rubber lip or other dwarf pleco. But you will really need to stay on top of water changes,

Adam510

O
I agree with getting more of the same, the neons and the cories would be happier and more active in larger schools. I think you could get 4-6 more of the neons, 4-6 more of the cories. I would not add loaches, you may have heard that hill streams can be kept is 2s or 3s, but I personally beleive that is just a myth to sell the expensive fish, as not everyone wants to pay the price for a proper school, so they tell people that they dont need to be in a school!" but they are very social tightly grouping fish , If you take the suggestion on building the schools that you already have, You wont have room for another school. You could add a clown or bristelnose, or rubber lip or other dwarf pleco. But you will really need to stay on top of water changes,
Okay I will definitely get more cories and tetras. And okay I guess I’ll have to steer clear of the hill stream loaches. Some what bums me out since my LFS has some baby ones I saw today that looked so cool and cute haha. I don’t think I’d want any other plecos or anything like that though. Is there any other non school fish that would be an option?

Random Great Thread!

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom