Stocking Help for 55 and 29

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Squirrelmanajh, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Squirrelmanajh

Squirrelmanajh Valued Member Member

With the semester ending, I will be returning home and be able to continue to work on my parents' tanks. My dad has a 55 and my mom a 29 and 10g ADF tank.

55:
    3 Goldfish (1 Shubunkin, 1 Comet, 1 Albino)
    1 Blood Parrot Cichlid
    3 Pristella Tetras (had 6, but 3 have disappeared. Did the gf or bp eat them?)
    6 Corydoras
    1 BN Pleco (maybe. I got it for the tank right before I came back, and they haven't told me if it's still alive or not)

Does anyone have any suggestions for the stocking for this tank other than rehoming the Goldfish bc my dad has consistently rejected that overture. Should I get more Pristellas and hope they don't get eaten if that's what has been happening to them?

29g:
    6 Neon Tetras
    6 Harlequin Rasboras
    3 Guppies (1m, 2f) (no babies, they all keep getting eaten)
    2 Adult Platies (1m, 1f)
    xX baby Platys (at least 30, probably more by now, they aren't getting eaten)
    1 Curviceps Cichlid (I can't remember the name of it [starts with a "C" tho] and I haven't been able to find pictures anywhere)

Any suggestions for this tank? Any additions or subtractions besides trying to figure out what to do with the babies?

Thanks for all the help guys!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  2. Gordinian

Gordinian Well Known Member Member

Hello!

I won't comment on the 55...

For the 29, was it a cockatoo cichlid? You could probably add a couple more guppies or platies, or even a school of cories if you find somewhere for the babies :)

3. OP
    OP
    Squirrelmanajh

No its not that one lol
    Thanks for the suggestions but my mom has grown tired of livebearers lol

4. Gordinian

Gordinian Well Known Member Member

Well now it's going to bug me! lol. Are you sure it started with a c? Maybe it was a k... like kribensis :D

Well, you could do cories, almost any school of smaller tetra or barb (I can list some off if you'd like), gourami, or shrimp/snails.

5. OP
    OP
    Squirrelmanajh

No I know all the common ones and it's not one of them, that's why I can't remember lol It was something like cerberins or something like that. Thanks for those ideas, I'll see what she thinks.

6. OP
    OP
    Squirrelmanajh

Its a Curviceps! I found someone else had posted about that and it hit me!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice