Stocking help for 29 gallon

Karliah

I have a 29 gallon AGA aquarium with built in refugium/sump. I will have a pair of clownfish, but am looking for suggestions for other tank mates, both other fish and CUC. I was a considering a pair of skunk cleaners and a pair of peppermint shrimp... Would this work? Also what other critters for the cuc? Snails, micro starfish, etc.
As for fish, I like the look of firefish, but don't know how they'd get along. So definitely need ideas.
Any suggestions or critiques of my posted ideas are much appreciated.

Karliah

Bump

SecretiveFish

Personally, I would keep one pair of shrimp in a tank that size just to be safe, and I would go with the cleaner shrimp as those are probably my favorite shrimp.

For cleanup crew, I tend to like Banded Trochus snails because they can right themselves if they fall. Margarita snails are typically collected from cooler water and do not last that long so I tend to avoid those. Nerite snails are also a very good cleanup crew member as well as nassarius snails. I like to have a serpent star as part of my cleanup crew mainly because I really like them but you need to keep your nitrates down to keep one. If you want hermit crabs, I would suggest either dwarf blue leg or scarlet leg hermit crabs as these have been the least likely to kill snails IME.

In a tank your size and with your clownfish, I would skip the firefish as they can be timid. I would add a tailspot blenny and a orange spotted goby and that would be it.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom