Stocking for new “instant cycled tank”

Sokamix

Hello! I’m staring a 40gallon tank for 2 fancy goldfish. Im going to put a sponge filter and a heater and a couple rocks from my already established tank to “instant cycle” it. But the BB needs an ammonia source and I need a light bio load. Will the BB handle one goldfish? Or can I just put some snails in and that will be enough? I don’t want to put too much or too little bio load so that’s why I’m asking. Thanks!

mattgirl

The amount of ammonia the bacteria you are moving over can handle depends on the bio-load in the tank you are taking the bacteria from. If there are more than one goldfish in the original tank there should be enough bacteria to handle the bio-load of one goldfish in the new tank.

Sokamix

O
The amount of ammonia the bacteria you are moving over can handle depends on the bio-load in the tank you are taking the bacteria from. If there are more than one goldfish in the original tank there should be enough bacteria to handle the bio-load of one goldfish in the new tank.
Oh well, the tank it’s coming from is a betta and 2 nerite snail tank. Probably not enough. But that’s my only other tank.
O

Oh well, the tank it’s coming from is a betta and 2 nerite snail tank. Probably not enough. But that’s my only other tank.
But I also have a friend sending some filter media for me but I don’t know how much it is. I’ll ask

Sokamix

O

But I also have a friend sending some filter media for me but I don’t know how much it is. I’ll ask
Yah mine plus the one she’s sending is enough for one goldfsih. Thank you so much!! And if I just get a baby goldfish that will give some time for more bb to produce

mattgirl

Yah mine plus the one she’s sending is enough for one goldfsih. Thank you so much!! And if I just get a baby goldfish that will give some time for more bb to produce
Just keep a close eye on the numbers and do water changes as needed if ammonia/nitrites start going up.

Sokamix

Just keep a close eye on the numbers and do water changes as needed if ammonia/nitrites start going up.
Ok yeah thanks

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ghostdawg
Replies
Views
Azedenkae
  • Question
Replies
Views
mattgirl