5 Gallon Tank Stocking For A New 5 Gallon Aquascape

Fshloover

Valued Member
Reaction score
I’m no expert but my personal opinion would be if you want a center piece fish that has all the attention I would go for the betta, but if you want the attention to be on the scape and other inhabitants more I would go with the scarlet badis. If it where me I would go with the scarlet badis. I haven’t researched much about the scarlet badis tank requirements so I’m gonna leave that to you. And my phone doesn’t let me see photos on here so I can’t see it.

e_watson09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Are you hoping the shrimp will breed? I love a betta in a 5 gallon tank but if you're wanting a breeding colony of shrimp the betta will likely eat all the young

Alhana

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you make sure there are plenty of places for the shrimp to hide, they can get along well with the betta. A lot depends on the temperament of the betta though. I had one in a 5.5 gallon with shrimp and nerite snails. So far it has been one of my most successful shrimp colonies. It might help that my shrimp in that tank are not all brightly colored though. There are a couple reds but mainly they are more natural shades.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom