Stocking For A 55 Gallon Tank - Page 2

OP
Ruby_house

Ruby_house

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
MattS99 said:
I've found with all male livebearers, you're more successful and less aggressive with even numbers. Not to be cocky, but I do consider myself a bit of an expert on livebearers, I've had more of them than anything else.
I think they're colourful and cute but if the platies end up being mixed at the store is there an easy way to sex them?

MattS99

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ruby_house said:
I think they're colourful and cute but if the platies end up being mixed at the store is there an easy way to sex them?
Look at the analfin. If it's more rounded, it's female. Pointier, it's a male. Just google it, there's some great examples.

OP
Ruby_house

Ruby_house

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
MattS99 said:
Look at the analfin. If it's more rounded, it's female. Pointier, it's a male. Just google it, there's some great examples.
I went to go check and its pretty obvious so I shouldnt have too much trouble with that just to make sure I should go with 4? could I do 6 or would that be pushing it?

MattS99

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ruby_house said:
I went to go check and its pretty obvious so I shouldnt have too much trouble with that just to make sure I should go with 4? could I do 6 or would that be pushing it?
4 at most.

New Threads