Stocking for a 15gal Fluval FLEX

LilysMom

I have two dwarf gouramis and 5 neon tetras along with 1 lone horned nerite (had 4) in a heavily planted tank looking to add cleaners to the tank any advice? I had a couple amano shrimp at one time but they were useless in the 15 never came out of hiding so I put them with my Delta Betta and they keep his 5gal Fluval SPEC tank clean! The FLEX is is more nasty on the bottom and my lone nerite just can't keep up so any recommendations of fish, shrimp, or more snails would be appreciated

NoahLikesFish

Do 3 more neons and some Otocinclus or Pygmy cories

Some Otos could be cool tho

Upvote 0

jkkgron2

I would add in 3 more neon tetras, 2 more nerite snails, and I would recommend rehoming one of the gouramis. While dwarf gouramis are peaceful when young, once they’ve matured the males will fight for territory. A single dwarf gourami is fine but with two you may have issues. The snails should help with cleanup and adding in more neons should reduce any potential stress.

Upvote 0

jkkgron2

Some Otos could be cool tho
Yeah, but they also can have health problems and don’t always do well in captivity.

Upvote 0

AcornTheBetta

I have two dwarf gouramis and 5 neon tetras along with 1 lone horned nerite (had 4) in a heavily planted tank looking to add cleaners to the tank any advice? I had a couple amano shrimp at one time but they were useless in the 15 never came out of hiding so I put them with my Delta Betta and they keep his 5gal Fluval SPEC tank clean! The FLEX is is more nasty on the bottom and my lone nerite just can't keep up so any recommendations of fish, shrimp, or more snails would be appreciated
I would suggest rehoming one of the dwarf gouramis as they will fight (possibly to the death) when they are older.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
15 Gallon Tank Fluval flex stocking
Replies
Views
NofishB4
Replies
Views
Cole23
  • Question
Replies