Stocking for a 15-20 gallon tank

Discussion in 'Saltwater Beginners' started by UnkeptSpoon50, Jun 3, 2016.

1. UnkeptSpoon50Valued MemberMember

I have a friend who is moving, and giving me their 15-20 gallon(not sure how big, probably 20) with two MASSIVE:eek: and I mean HUGE comet goldfish. I have another friend with a pond, so the goldfish are going to him(That is the only way they will be happy alongside my wallet), and I am left with a barren tank. Soo... I am thinking about going saltwater, but I have never tried it. My dad had many salt tanks back in the 90's and early 2000s, so I have assistance. Anyway, what fish should I stock?
    My current(planned, because I might decide to go fresh, I dont know yet) stocking list:

2 ocellaris or percula clownfish.
    1 neon goby, or hybrid sharknose
    Firefish

I am not going to put all in at the same time, and for the goby or firefish, its one or the other. Thanks:;dete I hope I can decipher the right choice

2. Protim Sarkar

Protim SarkarWell Known MemberMember

But clownfish and neon goby need a 30 gallon minimum.

3. OP
    OP
    U

UnkeptSpoon50Valued MemberMember

I heard that clownfish dont need much space, and are usually the only thing in nano tanks. And gobies... they re so small

You're from india? Cool! I am indian! I wonder.. Do you need a heater for fish over there? I've been to india, but I always wondered this.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2016
  4. Protim Sarkar

Yes I am an Indian, brother. Every tank needs a heater.

5. OP
    OP
    U

UnkeptSpoon50Valued MemberMember

:;thx

6. Protim Sarkar

No problem.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice